Rekindle an old romance

Jason's pov

We were sitting on the beach enjoying our first date in ten years just watching the sun go down. Her hands tense up and hold mine tightly. "What's wrong hun?" "What do I do with Elliot?" "I don't want to put my two sense in about him hun." I mumble, looking down at the sand. She turns around. "He is still my roommate!" Not if you come home with me! "Hey I've got several weeks before I go home, we can worry about it then. Now I just want to enjoy the time-" My phone rings cutting me off. I glance at it. It's Jessica. I sigh. "Hold on, darlin'." I answer the phone. "What is it?" "When are you gonna be home?" "Not for a few months. I am in Europe right now!" "Doing what?" "Touring, what do you think?" "You don't want to know what I think." Ugh Miranda's right. She's a bitch. Why does she have to be such a bitch? "You have responsibilities here Jason!" "You knew my schedule! You're just trying to make this hard on me!! Why are you such a damn bitch all the time?!" "I am not a bitch!!! Your son should come first before anything else you jackass!" I am so sick of her. I just hang up and throw my phone in the sand. "She's infuriating." I mutter. "What did you ever see in her?" "No fucking clue!" "Now what were you saying before we were so rudely interrupted?" She asks. Oh uh... What was I saying? Oh yeah. "I was gonna say I don't care about no one else. I just wanna spend the time I have with you as much as I can." She kisses me, her hands in my hair, mine around her waist. "Man, I've missed you so much." She says.

Miranda's pov

His grip on my waist gets super tight. I'm already breathless from making out. "I don't want you to leave." I whisper, holding his head tightly in my hands. "I have to go home soon." "No you don't. Stay here in France." Tears forming in my eyes. He wipes my tears both hands on my cheeks. "Baby girl, now you're just talkin' crazy." Secretly I knew that. I know he can't stay. Just like I know I can't go. I stand up. "I have to tell Elliot that I'm not dating him anymore." He holds my hand, worried. I call him. "Hello?" "El, I'm sorry but-" "No it's fine. I got your note. I knew you loved him. I'm just glad you're happy." "Elliot, you are a true friend and I'm sorry." "I hope we can still be friends." I smile tears in my eyes. "The best." I say, hanging up. "So?" "It went great." I say, kissing him again. He trips in the sand, landing on his back. He doesn't even bother to get up.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

I get to soundcheck for the concert. I'm so worried about going home. I want her to come with me. After I get offstage, Miranda runs over and into my arms. I spin her around so glad to have her again. We're still like two kids with stars in our eyes. The ten years apart seems to have vanished. The resentment. The sadness. The anger. None of it matters now. Because none of it exists anymore. We're just as much in love as we were then. We go back to my hotel. "I'm not the same girl I was ten years ago." She says, walking over to me. "I can tell." I force myself to say. She sits on my lap and kisses me, leading to us making out. She pulls the sleeve of her dress down. Whoa. She's got a tattoo. She didn't have a tattoo ten years ago. Then again neither did I! It's the word Macon. Home. "Why'd you get Macon tattooed on your shoulder?" "So I'd always have a piece of home." She whispers, covering it back up. "You've seriously not been home in all these years?" She shakes her head. "Not since I came to France." She's sitting on my lap, right on my crotch. It's a real turn on. I grab her arms, my hands shaking. I want to do her so bad right now. "I'm never letting you go again, darlin'." I kiss her again then lay her on the bed.

*the next day*

A soft kiss awakens me. She lays her head on my arm. "I'm gonna miss you so much." "I'm not going for a while. Don't think about that now." A tear slips from her eye. "Please don't cry darlin'." "I'm trying not to be sad.... But thinking about you leaving again-" "Don't think about it. It's not for several months." My phone rings. It's Jessica..... Again!! I don't answer it this time. She's probably calling to bitch me out some more and guilt trip me. "Man I wish I never even met her." I mumble tiredly rubbing my eyes. She leans against my chest. "But without her, you wouldn't have Thomas." "That's the one good thing that woman gave me." I can't help but smile. "I can't wait for you to meet Thomas. He's a sweet fun loving kid." "When will I get the chance to?" She asks, lacing her fingers with mine. "When you come to visit me in the states I guess. Cause Jessica will never let me take him overseas." "Oh Jason, she was right about one thing." She whispers in my ear. "What's that hun?" She smiles and kisses me again. "You are fucking a French girl." My body goes tense. I want to be fucking her right now. She pushes me back while we make out but then my damn phone rings again. "Ugh!" I snatch the phone and answer it. "What the hell now Jessica?!" I scream. "Jason, Hurry you have to get home. Thomas.... He was in a bike wreck!! He's in the hospital." My eyes go wide, the phone dropping from my hand. "I'm on my way! How bad is he?" I gasp, terrified. I pull my jeans on while she talks. "What's wrong?" Miranda asks. "T-Thomas was in a wreck. I-I have to get home. Tell Mike for me." "I will. Call me when you find out anything." I hug her tightly and grab my wallet, keys, and passport. I hope like hell he's okay.