Reasons why

Miranda's pov

I get back home and throw my phone down in anger. How could he not remember me?! We dated all through high school!! I kick my shoes off and steal Eliot's chocolate. He'll kill me later for it but I dont give a fuck right now. I sit on the couch watching reruns of friends and eating the chocolate. Tears ever streaming down my face. The door to Elliot's room opens and he walks out, stopping when he sees me on the couch. "Skip the third degree El I'm not in the mood." I say. He sits beside me. "What's wrong?" He asks. "I don't want to talk about it." I mutter, looking at the ground. He still stands over me. "What is it?" He asks, crossing his arms. He won't take no for an answer. Just as stubborn as Jason. How ironic.

Jason's pov

I get my old yearbook. She's from Macon but I don't remember her. Maybe we went to school together. So I search through the yearbook, trying to find whoever she is. As I'm looking, Mike walks up the bus steps. "We have a week til the show. What do you wanna do til then?" I want to find this girl but without a name or a picture of her, it'll be impossible! And I'm about to reply when I turn the page in the yearbook and figure out who the mystery girl is. My ex girlfriend from high school. No wonder she was so pissed. Why is she all the way in France!? I look up at Mike. "I want to find this girl. I ran into her at the Eiffel tower so I know she's here." He studies the picture for the longest time. "You gonna try to rekindle an old romance?" He asks. I'm not sure yet. "Maybe. Let's first focus on finding her then think of the rest later." He nods and smiles. "I think we can do this."

Miranda's pov

"Girl, I sure wish you told me all that before I bought the dang tickets!" Elliot says. "I hate talking about it. And the worst is he didn't even remember who I was when we met on the Eiffel tower!" I grumble, throwing the wrapper down. He rolls his eyes and picks it up, throwing it away. "I'll sell the tickets if you want." He says. I shake my head. "No you can go see him if you want." "Oh if I see him, I'll make sure he remembers you." He grumbles, punching his fist. I laugh. "You're joking right? You know he's gonna have security!" He shrugs. "I've got my ways. Come on, I'm starved. Let's go eat." I nod and stand up. "Thanks. It really helped talking to you like that." He smiles and hugs me. "No prob, girl."

*20 minutes later*

We're waiting in line when the person at the front of the line is having extreme issues reading French. I roll my eyes and step out of line walking to the front. I stop short seeing who it is.

Jason's pov

Ugh this is so embarassing! I can't read French and I am looking like a complete idiot. "Need some help?" I whip my head around, recognizing the voice instantly. She stands with her arms crossed. "Uh if you think a dumb ol redneck like me will be able to figure it out." I mumble, looking at the ground. She reads the menu off to me so I can order. "Thanks.... I uh figured out where I know you from." Her eyes go wide. "No, I'm good." She walks back to her spot in line. I glance back and see she's with a guy! I wonder if they're dating. I move out of line, waiting for the order and so the next person can go. I don't know why she's so mad! I told her she could come to Nashville with me! If anything I should be annoyed. She didn't even call back saying she wasn't coming. She just stopped talking to me. "So uh you still coming to the show?" I ask, nervously. "No. I never planned on coming. My silly friend Elliot got them not me." She says, avoiding all eye contact. I'm guessing the guy standing beside her is Elliot. He doesn't look too happy. "Well, I've got to go." She says. I nod and find a table, thinking hard. Why would she be so mad? I don't understand. Then again when have I ever been good at understanding women?

Miranda's pov

"He certainly looks upset." Elliot whispers, pointing. I don't even care. We order and find a table. "Maybe you should give him a chance to explain. Who knows what happened?" "I know what happened!" I snap, annoyed, a few people look over at us. I drop my voice lower. "He abandoned me in Macon. He just up and left, no suitcase by the front door, no note saying goodbye. He didn't tell me he was leaving. He was just gone. Next thing I know he's a rising star in Nashville with a wife and son!" I pound my fist on the table. "He forgot all about me." I whisper, close to tears.

Jason's pov

Me and Elliot lock eyes. He waves to me. I'm a little confused. Why does he want me to come over there?! I walk over anyway. "You two need to talk." He says, standing up. "She doesn't want to talk to me." "So what. I sometimes have to get her to do things she doesn't want to do." "I'm gonna kill you, Elliot." She gripes, looking away. "Are you two a.... Couple?" I whisper. He shakes his head. "Roommates, man." He leaves the resturaunt and I take his spot. "I hate that guy." She grumbles thoroughly annoyed. "Can we at least talk? I wanna clear the air between us." I finally speak up. "There's nothing to talk about." "Oh don't give me that BS. You're obviously pissed at me. I wanna know why!" She finally meets my eyes. "You don't even know?! Well it doesn't matter then!" Her hands are in fists on the table top. "It does matter. I'm still a stubborn ass redneck who doesn't let things go. You of all people should know that." Her eyes go wide. "Shut up." She says. "No! Why are you so mad at me?" She stands up angrily. "You want to know?! You really want to know?!" I nod, a little nervous now seeing as everyone is staring at us. She notices it too. "Let's go somewhere private." She says, walking to the door before I can even reply. I follow her out. It's gotten dark. We walk to the Eiffel tower, the wind almost pulling my hat off my head. I hold it down and ask again why she's so mad at me. She stops walking her fists clenched. "You just left me. You didn't tell me anything! I would have gone with you! But no, I'm not good enough. I was just a high school love that when you didn't want anymore you just abandoned. But it wasn't like that for me." "What?! I didn't... I didn't just abandon you! I asked if you wanted to come! You never replied! What else was I supposed to do? I couldn't wait around forever." She spins around, tears in her eyes. "You never asked me!! You just left!!" She yells. "I left a note. The day I left." She stays quiet and I can't tell what she's thinking. "I loved you Jason. With all my heart. And you killed me leaving like you did. I knew I couldn't stay." "I loved you too." "No you didn't. Don't lie to me." "I'm not lying!" She leans over the railing, her shoulders shaking as she cries. "I never got a note. I never even got a goodbye." She whispers. "You know I hate to say goodbye." I mumble, walking over and resting a hand on her shoulder. Her body tenses up though so I drop my hand back down. "Either way, I thought you'd come. So I didn't think I'd have to say goodbye." She spins around, fists clenched at her sides and rage in her tear filled eyes. She catches me off guard by slapping me in the face. "Don't you ever say that to me again." With that, she stomps to the elevator and disappears into the night just like the wind.