Breaking down and admittance

Miranda's pov

I'm really glad I cleared the air between us. That chest tightening ache has loosened. Elliot walks into the room. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah... I just.... I feel at peace now." I smile and he sits beside me. "No loose ends." I mumble, leaning into his chest. "Loose ends make my ass itch." He says. I roll my eyes. "Have you been watching the walking dead again?" He looks down at me, his arm on my back. "Maybe." He says, teasingly. He kisses my head.

Jason's pov

I just finished up a concert in New England. It's so weird being all over the world now. I thought it would make my career feel complete but.... It doesn't. I glare at my phone. I want to message her. I think I'm gonna.

Miranda's pov

My phone buzzes. I pull it out of my pocket. An unknown number texted me saying, "the pubs in England don't have fireball whiskey. I think I'm in trouble." I know who it is though. I text back.

M: who gave you my number, cowboy?

Jason's pov

Whoa. I didn't expect her to message me back. Especially so late.

J: what should I do?

M: I guess just don't drink fireball whiskey lol.

J: that's not helping.

M: lol not supposed to.

She knows it's making me squirm. She always loved watching me squirm. I was starting to fall asleep when I heard a knock on the door. Tully and Rich come in. "Dude, let's hit the bars!" Tully says, enthusiastically. "First, there called pubs here man, and second I'm not in the mood to get drunk." I toss my phone down on the bed. "Ok, well we're going out. You should too though. Get your mind off this girl. Who knows maybe you'll find someone else." I don't want to find anyone else. I want her. "Nah, I'm good guys but have fun." They finally leave and I turn the TV off and lay down, staring at the ceiling, deep in thought. How do I get her back? And if I do how am I gonna go about going home with her still in France? My phone buzzes again. A picture text. Her and Elliot taking shots of fireball whiskey. Oh that's just mean.

J: oh you're killing me.

M: lol thought you'd get a kick outta that.

I love it. We're talking like old friends again. But I'm exhausted so I text her that I'm going to bed.

*in his dream*

I'm in Macon. Or at least I think I am. I hear crying. I follow the sound and see her on the edge of her bed, sobbing. "What's wrong?" I try to say but no sound comes out. My voice seems to be messing up. She's 19 again. Her sister Sierra comes into the room. "He just left. How could he leave me?!" That's when I see it. The note I left. Under the bed! It must have fallen and that's why she never found it! I reach for it but my hand goes right through it!! "I'm right here!! I didn't leave!" I cry. The image changes and it's dark now. She's laying in the bed, curled up and crying. "What did I do? Did I do something to make you leave?" I feel horrible. Is this how she really felt?! I sit on the bed beside her but I don't think she knows. It's like I'm a ghost. "It's so cold without you, Jason." She whispers. "I'm here, baby girl, I'm here." I brush a tear off her cheek.

*he wakes up*

I wake up in a cold sweat, shaking and unable to catch my breath. "Just a dream!" I choke out, thankfully. I lay back down. My eyes flash back open. "But it wasn't a dream. It was real life." Someone knocks on the door, making me scream in surprise, my heart racing. "Who the hell is it?" I snap annoyed, trying to calm myself. "You okay man, I heard screaming." Tully. "Y-Yeah I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." He opens the door. "It sounded way more than just a dream. You were shouting I'm here over and over." "I'm fine." He leaves And I try to go back to sleep but it won't come with this loneliness all around. I need her here with me. I grab my phone and without even thinking I dial her number. It's almost 3 in the damn morning. She's gonna be irritated as fuck. "What the? What time is it?" "It's two. I'm sorry I called so late but I just have to tell you...."

Miranda's pov

"I love you." I'm not sure if I heard correctly. Am I even awake? "W-What?" I whimper. "I love you. I really do. And I'm sorry I just left all those years ago. I think I just realized how much I need you. Please forgive me. I miss you." "Jason, I-" "I know you're mad but please.... Please give me another chance. I need you by my side. I need you..... Please..." I can tell he's crying. I'm beyond shocked. I'm speechless. "Are you still there?" "Y-Yeah I'm here." But I should be there. I glance at Elliot. I was wrong. He does care. Jason does care. Tears fill my eyes. "How long do you think it'll take for a plane to get to England?" I ask, shakily. He gasps. "Y-You mean it? You're coming?" I smile and brush the tear from my eye. "Yeah I'm comin' over." A light laugh on his end. His ringtone. "I'll be waiting at the airport. I love you. Thank you!" "I'll see you soon." I get off the phone and kiss Elliot's forehead then leave a note. I get dressed and get to the airport.

Jason's pov

I hope she couldn't tell I was crying. I quickly get dressed and grab my keys. I literally fly out the door, running full speed to my truck. A dodge jeep wrangler. "I'm comin' baby. I'm comin'." I whisper, wiping the tears from my eyes. My phone rings making me jump. "I'm boarding a plane now and Jason...." "Yeah?" "Don't mess up this time." A relieved laugh escapes. She's coming. She's taking me back. She doesn't hate me!! A fresh wave of tears threaten to make me a crying mess. "I promise baby, I won't mess up. I will never leave you again!" "But wait.... What about... When you go to the states?" "I don't know. We'll think of something. I just need you back, babe." "I know. I have to go now. They're telling me to turn my phone off. And Jason, I love you too." She hangs up. I stare ahead in shock. She loves me too.