Moving On Or Is She?

Miranda's pov

He left me. He left me again. Elliot hugs me while I cry. "Why?!" I cry balling. That's a song title of his. I never listened to it but I remember seeing it on one of his CDs. I look it up. "It's 3AM and I finally say I'm sorry for actin' that way I didn't mean to make you cry oh baby sometimes I wonder why. Why does it always have to come down to you leaving? Before I say I love you and why do I always use the words that cut the deepest when I now how much it hurts you, oh baby why do I do that to you!" Elliot turns it off and holds me while I cry.

Jason's pov

I get back to the states. I'm gonna be a way worse alcoholic now. Luke is waiting for me when I get home. I set my keys down and sit on the couch, my head in my hands. "Dude, what happened?" "Just... Don't... I just.... Leave me alone." He sits beside me instead. "Jason, what happened over there?" I dry my eyes with my shirt sleeve. "I.... Broke up with her." His eyes go wide. "Why?!" "Because I had to. We both just need to move on. We aren't right for each other." "That's a crack of shit, Jason, you two are the most perfect couple ever!" "No we aren't." He starts to say something else but I flip the table in anger. "You need to go! I don't.... I don't want to and up hurting you too." "Wha- Jason, h-hurt me, why-" "Just go Luke!" He finally leaves and I sit back down. "Why am I such an idiot??!"

Miranda's pov

"Come on let's go to the Eiffel tower. You love the Eiffel tower." "No. That's where I first reconnected with him. I wanna just sit here and die!" I scream, pulling at my hair. He holds my hand down and hugs me. "Calm down, sweetheart, please just calm down." "I can't, El, Jason was the love of my life!" He wipes the tears from my eyes. "I can fill that slot for you." We kiss but it just doesn't feel right. I stand up and turn away. "I'm sorry Elliot, but.... Jason left a hole in my heart that's too big for anyone to fill." I walk out the front door and go to the bar. I'll get over him. It may take another ten years but I can do it. I hope.

*3 years later*

Jason's pov

I won entertainer of the year. I give my speech and go back to my seat. "Congrats Jason, I knew you could do it." I smile, holding the award. Entertainer. The most sought after award. "We should go celebrate!" I exclaim, throwing a fist in the air.

Miranda's pov

After Jason dumped me, I thought my life was over but me and Elliot started dating again and I've never been happier. Me and his sister Cindy went out for lunch and Sierra came to visit. I hug her tight. "I've missed you so much! How's everything back home?" "Jason won entertainer." "Wow congrats for him!" I try to hide the fact that just that name makes me want to cry. I put on a fake smile and open the door to me and Elliot's house. "Drinks are on me." I say, turning around. My jaw drops in shock, seeing Elliot on one knee with a ring. "Will you marry me?" "Oh my God! Yes!" I cry. He swings me around in a hug. "I love you!"

Jason's pov

A knock at the door pulls me awake. Luke's drunk and sleeping in front of the door. "Move you Dumbass!" I say laughing and kicking his shoe. He moves and I open the door. I'm surprised to see Sierra. I haven't talked to her in three years! "Whoa girl, long time no see!" I gasp, "Come in, sorry about the mess. I won entertainer of the year and we were celebrating." "Jason, we should talk." "Bout what?" "Miranda's getting married." I freeze. She's getting married. "T-To who?" I shakily ask, turning around. "Elliot." I force a smile. "Congrats to them both.... I.... I'm glad for her.... I really am." She glares at me, not believing a word I'm saying. "That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard!" She yells, waking Luke up. "There ain't nothing I can do. She's getting married now plus she doesn't love me anymore. I am not gonna show up and ruin her life again." "You never ruined her life. Jason she loves you. Even if she doesn't want to admit it. She loves you and you still love her." I fight back the tears. "I'm not going." "She looked like she was gonna cry when I mentioned you." "Stop it! Stop trying to change my mind! We've been done for thirteen years now! It was over when I left for Nashville! I made the worst mistake and I'll never be able to fix it! It's over! Just go away! And leave me alone!" I run passed her out the door and drive away in my truck. There's a letter in my passenger seat. Huh? I brake to the side of the road and pick it up.

Dear Jason, I'll never stop loving you. You'll always be the man I love. I'll miss you. I am getting married to Elliot. But it won't be as great as being with you. You'll always be my one true love. Goodbye Asphalt cowboy. Love Miranda.

I drop the letter and cry in my hands. "Good for you baby. Have a nice life with Elliot." I grab my whiskey from under the seat. She's moving on but I can't. She's living her happily ever after and I'm not. She got a rock, I'm getting drunk.