Being Guilty

Jason's pov

Jessica luckily left. Miranda is getting a cup of coffee. When she walks in the room, I grab her hand. "Darlin' we have to talk." "What's up?" "I can't and won't let Jessica take Thomas away from me. So I'm taking him back to France." "Wait.... How is that gonna work?" "I know this is hard and asking a lot but babe, could you take care of him for me when I'm here for recording and stuff?"

Miranda's pov

I don't want to. I mean I really don't want to. "I.... I... Don't know." "I know I shouldn't be asking you to do that.... I just don't know what else I can do... I can't let her take him from me." I'll have to do it. I can't let him lose his son. "Ok, I'll take care of Thomas." He looks up from his hands. "I'm sorry I have to ask you to do this." I hug him tight. "It's alright, Jason."

*2 days later*

We sneakily get him onto the plane. "I think we're in the clear." He whispers. I nod. Thomas holds Jason's hand. "Dad, when am I going back?" He bites his lip and looks at me. "I'm sorry bud. You're not going back. You're gonna stay in France. It's the only way to keep you safe." "All because I wrecked my bike?" A nervous laugh escapes me. I'm not good with kids. I don't know the first thing about taking care of a kid! "No bud because your mom is trying to pull crap again." "Oh. Ok."

*hours later*

We land in France and I take them back to my apartment. Elliot was fixing a sandwich. "Oh Miranda you're..... Back?" He sees Jason and Thomas. "What's going on here?" "Um well, Jason's son Thomas is gonna stay with us."

Jason's pov

I don't like him still being here. What if he tries something? I take Miranda to the other room. "How long is he gonna stay here?" "Well, he's still my roommate. There's no expiration date really." "I don't.... I just don't feel comfortable with him being under the same roof-" "Why not?" "He still likes you!" "But Jason, hold on. He is not going to pull anything. You're thinking like an American. People don't do that over here! We have more class than that." "Wait! What do you mean by that?" "It's just not how things work here. No one goes behind people's backs. It's just something no one does here. American people might do that but us Frenchies we don't." I'm trying not to get pissed off but it's just really rude what she's saying. "You have nothing to worry about." I hate it. She's talking as if she's not an American. "You know you're still an American too right?" She shakes her head. "Jason, I haven't been an American in ten years. That's just something that's different about me." I pull her sleeve down, revealing her tattoo. "You are from Macon." "I was born there. I am not there anymore. Why are you so mad about this!?" She doesn't get it.

Miranda's pov

"Because I am one of those Americans!" He yells. "W-What do you mean?" "I just.... I'm fine. I'm gonna go." He stomps out, muttering a goodbye to Thomas and walking out the door. "What was that about?" Elliot asks. "He was worried that you would try to get with me even though I'm dating him." Elliot laughs. "Silly Americans." I nod. "I know. That's not how things are done here."

Jason's pov

How can she not get it?! That's what happened between me and Jessica. I hate it. Again forgetting I don't know French, I look up how to say fireball whiskey in French then I say it. She calls my phone. "Jason please tell me why you got so mad! Are you mad at me?" "Ugh hun, I'm sorry. It's just that everything you were saying......"

Miranda's pov

"I did to Jessica. While drunk." Oh jeez. No wonder he was so mad! I was basically insulting him. "Oh Jason, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I wasn't trying to insult you. I just... I didn't know!" "It's okay babe. I'm uh just gonna-" "Please come home." He sighs. "You don't think I'm a terrible person?" With what I was saying about people like that! "No of course not Jason. Please come home." "Ok well I'm on my way." "Thanks." I hang up. "You shouldn't be apologizing. He made the mistake. He should feel bad for it. I can't believe he did that while married!" "Can you shut up, Elliot!" I snap. "You should date a French man. A French man don't treat someone like that." "Just stop." The front door opens and Jason stands there looking pissed. He heard what Elliot said. "Just ignore him!" He sighs and nods. "Thomas is asleep. Maybe you should be to." We go to my room. "I'm sorry about all I said." He doesn't reply and changes into a Georgia bulldogs T-shirt. "Are you mad at me?" "No, and all that you said and Elliot for that matter is true." "No it's not. Don't listen to him. I don't care about that. I love you Jason!" "I love you too baby." I smile and hug him tightly. "Don't be mad." He holds my hand. "I'm not mad. I promise." He kisses my forehead and we go to bed