An accident and a jerk ex wife

Jason's pov

I drive like a bat out of hell to the airport. My hands fumbling for my passport and wallet. "Yeah yeah just hurry. I need to get home as soon as possible!" The dude says something in the French. I throw my hands up in frustration. "Does any damn body speak English around here?!" I scream. People look at me like I'm crazy. I know what I have to do! I call Miranda.

Miranda's pov

I just told Mike about Thomas and Jason having to leave and of course he understood. My phone rings. Jason. "These damn people don't speak English! I need help!" He cries, desperately. "Ok Jason, calm down, what airport are you at?"

Jason's pov

Ummm.... I lower the phone looking around. "The sacro continental. How fast do you think you can get here?" "I'm on my way. Just take a deep breath don't freak out." "It's hard not to when my son is quite possibly dying!" "Don't think like that!" She cries. I'm pacing the floor, waiting. Fear gripping me. I try to call Jessica but get no answer. "Sir, do you need help?" Finally someone who speaks English! I spin around. "I need a plane back to the states and I need it like yesterday!" "We have one leaving in five minutes. If you run you might make it." "Oh thank God! Thank you so much!" He tells me the gate number and I take off running, not even realizing I dropped my phone. He catches me at the gate and gives it to me. I text Miranda telling her I got a plane. She texts back saying I'm getting on one too. I call her. "Why? Why did you-" "You're not going through this alone. I wanna be there for you." I smile. "Thanks Baby. It means a lot. What plane are you on?" "Turn around." I stand up confused then turn around, seeing her behind me. She drops the phone and hugs me. "Babe, thanks for coming." "Of course." I kiss her then she gets her phone and we sit down. I'm so freaking worried. My hands grip the seat tight. I don't know how he's doing because Jessica still won't answer the phone. This plane is taking forever. "Buckle your seatbelts everybody, we're taking off. I breathe a relieved sigh and put my seat belt on. My arms shakily around my girlfriend. "I'm glad you're coming back with me darlin'." "I'm going back to France after, you do know that right?" I try to hide my disappointment. "R-Right I knew that. Just I'm glad you're coming with me today..... I definitely need you." "Of course Jason. I'll always be here for you. Even if I'm a million miles away." But I don't want her to be a million miles away.

*hours later*

I run as fast as I can into the hospital. Jessica is pacing in the waiting room, her mascara all down her cheeks. She looks up seeing me. "Oh thank God you're here, Jason, I'm so scared." "Where is he?" We walk down to his room, my hand still clasped tightly and terrifiedly in Miranda's. We get to his room and he's got a breathing tube down his throat and stitches all over his face. "Thomas?" I choke out, walking to the bed. "I should've been here!"

Miranda's pov

I stay by the door. He hits his knees by the bedside. "I should've been here. And I wasn't!" "Yeah, you should have." Jessica says. Jason's body tenses up. I walk over. "You're here now. That's what matters." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I should've saved him. Please don't let him die." He whimpers, crying. I hug him tightly, his hand holding his son's. "Daddy?" He shoots up. "T-Thomas?" He opens his eyes, the same piercing green as Jason's. "How was touring?" He asks. Jason smiles and wipes the tears from his eyes. "Not as fun as being able to see my little boy." A doctor comes in and takes the breathing tube out. He coughs and Jessica gives him a drink. She looks just as terrified as Jason. I will give her that. She does care about Thomas. "He'll make a full recovery." The doctor says. "Thank you." He says, shaking the doctor's hand. "What happened son?" "I-I don't remember." "Jason, we should talk out in the hallway." Jessica says. He glares at the floor and sighs. "You don't have to do a damn thing that bitch says." I whisper, glaring at her angrily. "Yeah I do." He mumbles, holding my hand. "Stay in here with Thomas for me." "Of course." I hug him and he goes into the hallway.

Jason's pov

When we walk into the hallway, she puts her hands on her hips and has that bitch attitude again. "I want full custody of Thomas." My heart drops. "No! If you do that I'll never see him again!!" I yelp. "Seems like you're too busy with your touring. You're career is more important!" "That's bullshit and you know it. You can't keep Thomas away from me! He's just as much my son as he is yours!" "I don't care. You're never home to take care of him anyway! I've already talked to the lawyers and they agree with me 100%." She makes my blood boil. "You can't do this to me Jessica! You can't do that to him! It's not right and it's not fair and you know you're just being selfish trying to get back at me! Why can't you just move on!? Why do you have to keep hurting me??" "You hurt me when you made out with that girl in the bar!" I grab my head in frustration. "That was three years ago! Get over it already, move on! Let it go!!" "Get over it, Jason we aren't having this argument here and now. It's over. You lost!" I can't let her take Thomas from me. I won't. I pull out my pistol. "No Jessica. You lost." I point it at her but someone grabs my arms before I can pull the trigger. "You can't take Thomas from me!" I scream at her, angrily. The cop that grabbed my arms, stole my gun. "One more outburst like that and I'm hauling your ass to jail!" He warns. I pull free and stomp back into his room. "He should be out by tomorrow." The doctor said. Thomas smiles. "It's great to see you again dad." Tears form in my eyes. "You too buddy." I know what I have to do. Tonight I'll take him back with me and we'll go to France with Miranda.