A talk and the truth

Miranda's pov

I hit the bar down on west street. Maybe it'll help get this feeling out of my head. I hear someone whisper singing. I glance over, sure enough it's Jason and he's writing a song. "Or maybe these old feelings never went away cause all that I remember is I'm still in love with you and if I'm losin' my mind I hope you are too." I stare at the bar in disgust. Does he know I'm here? I shoot a side long glance at him. "Do you need anything sir?" The bartender asks in French. He looks at the menu but can't read it. "I don't.... Know... French." He mumbles, embarrassed. Odd, in my mind, I just remember the name of his favorite drink. If it's still his favorite that is. I sigh and sit beside him, saying shot of fireball whiskey in French. He nods and turns to get it. "Why'd you help me?" He asks. "I know French you don't." I say, shrugging. He looks back down at the paper, embarrassed. The bartender hands him the shot glass. "You still remembered? After all these years?" I nod, staring at my hands. "Was I right?" I ask. He smiles and nods. "I am sorry." He says, his smile fading. "I do want to know why. Why when I didn't reply you didn't call?" I ask, my voice wavering, trying to stay calm. "I don't know. I was young and stupid." He says, staring at me. I can feel his eyes boaring into me. "Please stop staring at me." I say, stressed out. "Sorry it's just...... You look so.... Amazing." Do I hear a twinge of awe in his voice? "Why do you say that?" "Because it's the truth. You look stunning actually. I just wow." "Come on Jason. I'm not the same girl-" "I know you're not but dealing with all that shit you're still good at lookin' hot." I try to hide my blushing cheeks. Why did I even come over. He needed help and I know no one else would take the time for an American tourist. His phone rings. It's another singer. "So I'm comin' over runnin' every red light to hell with the closure save it for another time, tryin' not to think about you but it ain't workin'." He blushes and quickly answers it. "Come o. Jess I'm overseas right now." A pause. "No I'm not! Dammit, I can't come home right now. I'm on tour!" I hear whoever Jess is saying he's fucking a french girl. Well she sounds like a bitch. "Fine, think what you want. I'll be home in a couple months!" Then he hangs up. "I'm guessing your wife?" I ask. "Ex wife actually." He says, spinning the shotglass. "Well what happened?" "I got a little drunk at a damn bar and was making out with some girl. The stupid paparazzi took pictures and it was all downhill from there." I slap my forehad. "I meant right then?" I mutter, exasperated. "Oh she knew I was on tour but it's my weekend with our son Thomas. You know I can't go back right now." "Well she sounds like a real bitch." I say. "She is. Man, she did whatever she could to ruin me after everything went down. Can you uh order me another shot?" I smile and nod. I tell the barkeep and he pours another for him. "So any boyfriends or husband?" He asks, making my eyes go wide. "Nope." I say. "What about that Elliot guy? You seemed pretty into him.' How could he see that?! If he can, what if Elliot could?! "We're just roommates." He stares at me again. I'm about to tell him to stop again but he says instead, "I can tell you like him." I sigh and nod. He downs the shot. "I'm gonna go. I have to get up early for soundcheck back at the arena." He says, standing up. I wave and he walks out of the bar.

Jason's pov

I'm not going home. I'm gonna talk to that Elliot guy. She doesn't know but I had someone follow them home so I know where they live. I knock on the door and he opens it, only dressed in boxers. Okay this is awkward! "Oh hold on!" He says, closing the door again. A few minutes later, he opens it fully dressed. "What can I do ya for?" "Can we talk?" He nods and invites me in. "Miranda isn't here right now." "I know. I came to talk to you." "Me? why?" "She likes you man. I think she really likes you." I tell him. He stares at me funny. "What are you talking about?" "I know that girl. And the way she looks at you.... Is how she used to look at me. Don't miss an opportunity like this. She's.... A great girl." "So you're trying go set me up with your ex girlfriend? That isn't gonna tick you off at all?" Well a little but I keep that to myself. "No, I just want her to be happy." Then keys turn in the lock. "Shit!" I gasp in a whisper. The door opens. She drops the keys. "What are you doing here?" She asks, staring at me shocked. He's still staring at me too. "I.... Uh... Nothin'. Sorry." I say, quickly hiding my face with my hat and slipping out the door. Maybe she'll be happy now.

Miranda's pov

"What was that about?" I ask. "He wanted to apologize or something." He says, shrugging. "Want some ice cream?" I nod and sit at the island. I wish Jason would finish up being in France so I don't have to worry about running into him again. "He's not such a bad guy... Sure he made a big mistake but everyone makes mistakes." Elliot says. I look up from my bowl. "All he wants is for you to be happy." He's staring right back at me. "What did you two really talk about?" I ask, suspiciously. He rests a hand over mine. "He told me something I needed to hear and man am I glad he told me." "What did he tell you?" Instead of answering, he walks around the island, puts a hand against my cheek and kisses me. My eyes go wide, a sharp intake of breath then they flutter closed and I relax into the kiss. "W-Why did you k-kiss me?" I whimper. "I've been fighting my feelings for you for a while. Jason told me today you liked me too. I almost didn't believe him but something in my gut said so." He says. "Wait?! You do like me?!" "I do." He kisses me again and my arms wrap around his neck. My God! I never thought I'd get this opportunity again!! Love. I thought I left my heart in Macon but now I know that's not the case.