Abroad

Miranda's pov

After high school, there was nothing left for me in Macon, the guy I cared about left for Nashville and didn't even look back. My parents long dead in a car accident when I was five. I had no friends. So I left. Like he did. I left and didn't even look back.

*10 years later*

Jason's pov

Mike just told me I have a new European tour scheduled for next year. I'm stoked! A European tour is what all the singers hope to get to do. I'll not only be doing what I love to do which of course is singing country music for the populace but I'll also be able to see the world. I'll get a little culture in my life. This should be fun.

Miranda's pov

After I left Macon I went to France to study abroad. After I finished my studies, I just loved France so much I decided to live there. My roommate Elliot walks out of his room, yawning. I wave and look up from my magazine. He's only wearing boxers. Ugh, he makes it hard not to make me freak. "Ugh Elliot put some clothes on!" I snap, smirking. He's very hot and I would kill to be his. But he doesn't like me like that so I keep quiet. He laughs and flexes his broad shoulders. "Oh don't act like you don't like it!" He teases. I do but I'd never admit it. "No way!" I shout, laughing. "Coming to Greatbay Arena!" The TV blares. I turn my attention to it. "Famous American country singer Jason Aldean will be performing at Greatbay Arena on May 8th and 9th. Tickets go on sale next week." Wow, so he made it. He also looks so different. His hair is longer, his muscles bigger. He's got a tan going on in this video. "Get your tickets now for a chance to meet this legendary country artist!" It shows a video of him walking onstage, carrying a guitar. He walks slowly with a smirk as if teasing the crowd. In the background, he says, My first European tour. I'm ready to turn American country into Worldly country." Then it shows a burning jack and ace cards then the commercial is over. "Whoa." I gasp. Elliot walks over. "Sounds cool. You a fan or something?" He asks, staring at me. My face gets red and I pull my shocked stare away from the TV. "Nope, not even a fan." I whisper, setting the magazine down and walking to my room.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

I just landed in Paris France where I'm playing my first show overseas at the Greatbay Arena. I have a cardboard cut out of me standing outside the arena. I smile. I finally made it in the music business. This is a great feeling. I didn't realize how many people listened to country music over here.

Miranda's pov

Elliot comes home from getting groceries. He has a big smile on his face. "Guess what I got!" He shouts excitedly. I laugh and push him away. "What did you get, El?" I ask, looking back at him while he is putting groceries up in the kitchen. "You remember that commercial yesterday about that singer coming?" My smile instantly vanishes and I nod nervously. "Well I got some tickets to the show on the 8th. It should be fun. And hey it's where you're from, maybe you'll remember some lyrics." He says. "What part of I'm not a fan don't you get?" I grumble, annoyed. I pick the tickets up off the counter, staring at the image of the guy I was madly in love with ten years ago. Time sure was good to him. He's rocking a goatee, a cowboy hat, boots, the whole country boy get up. When I look up, Elliot is staring at me oddly. "Ok either you are a fan or you know him. Which is it?" I throw the tickets down on the ground, tears threatening to spill over. I grab my keys and wallet and I run out the door. I'll go where I always go to think. The Eiffel tower. I pay my way in and ride the elevator to the top. I'm aware of someone on the other side but I just ignore whoever it is. Then Elliot calls me.

Jason's pov

Wow the view from the Eiffel tower is amazing. I heard the elevator doors open and someone's footsteps. High heels. A girl. Her phone rings. I don't want to eavesdrop and am about to leave when I hear my name. She must be a fan or whoever she's talking to on the phone is. "No, I'm not going. Just give it to that friend of yours... What was her name?" Ok. That's odd. "What did I tell you?" She laughs then hangs up. "Gosh, some people don't listen when you tell them the past should stay there.... In the past." She whispers to herself. I think I've overstayed my welcome.

Miranda's pov

I hear footsteps. Crud whoever is on the other side just heard that conversation. I turn around as he presses the button to the elevator. I drop my phone in shock. "Jason!" He turns around. "Yeah, that's me. I heard your friend scored tickets." He says. My cheeks get red. "Yeah he did." Does he even remember me? "You sure made a life for yourself." I say, picking my phone back up. His eyes go wide and he stares at me hard. He doesn't remember me. "Do I.... Know you?" I fight back the tears. "You did... Once.... But that was a long time ago. And like I told Elliot the past should stay buried." I whisper, closing my eyes. I can feel his eyes boaring into me. He's trying to figure it out. I can tell.

Jason's pov

She's so familiar. Who is she? Maybe she came to a show before! "Do you live here, ma'am?" "I do now. I have for ten years." Ok not from a show. "Ever since I left Macon." My eyes go wide. I'm from Macon. She's someone from home. But who? "May I... Uh ask your name?" She looks upset now. She puts her phone in her pocket. "It's fine. You don't remember me. I understand." She says walking passed me into the open elevator doors. She stares back at me until the doors close. Man, who is she?