After a day full of trying on clothes, fangirling, and endless fun, the four of us decide to leave the mall to go get dinner.

We left the mall and drove to a restaurant called "Honey Bone Diner".

Once we arrived, the four of us skipped inside, famished for some food, since we were too busy shopping to have lunch.

The four of us got seated, then ordered four chocolate milkshakes and our meals.

While waiting for our food to arrive we drink our shakes and start to converse.

"Yeah I think the constellations are so fascinating, especially the zodiac ones." I happily say.

"Really? There are plenty of books at the library on the signs!" Levy announces.

"Well now we have to go back." I giggle.

"Now who had the burger?" our waiter interrupted as he passed us our food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our meals, the four of us strolled back to the car. Once inside, Erza put the key in the ignition as Juvia questioned, "Hey Lucy?"

"Yes?" I answer.

"Can we hear you sing?" Juvia shyly asked.

"Sure." I replied, slighty nervous of what they might think.

I start singing the song my mother would always sing. Proud that I'm hitting the notes like she did, I finish the little melody.

Their eyes are fixed on me, and their mouths agape.

"That was beautiful Lucy." Erza complimented.

"Seriously, that was amazing!" Juvia fangirled.

"Thank you." I replied while grinning.

"Wow... that was so good! Natsu's so lucky; he's in love with a beautiful, talented girl." Levy admitted with a big, warm smile.

My eyes widen and my cheeks heat up at her comment.

"Thank you, Levy." I say, still blushing.

Erza turns the key and starts driving to our houses to drop us off. I was the first one to be dropped off.

As I got out of the car, the girls shouted, "Bye Lucy!"

I turned around to face them and said, "Bye guys! See you tomorrow!"

They waved at me as the car slowly drives off. I walk up the stairs and stand in front of the door.

Twisting the knob, I scoot inside. When I go to lock the door behind me, I hear a gruff groan.

My eyes lay upon my father; he stands only inches away.

Terrified about what he might do, I freeze.

He then grabs me by the hair and pulls me close to his face.

"Where were youuu my dear Lucyyyyy? I missssed youuu!" He slurred, his nasty, beer-stained breath filling my nose.

As usual I don't answer.

Furious, he slaps my face over and over again.

"YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT DAUGHTER!" My father screamed in between smacks.

Once he let out his anger, he stopped slapping me. However, still gripping my hair, my father brings me closer to him again and whispers, "You can't escape me."

He lets go of my hair, then kicks me in the stomach.

Finally, he stumbles off to his room.

Frightened, I quickly ran up the stairs and slam my bedroom door behind me.

Changing into my pajamas, I look at myself in the bathroom mirror. My cheeks are bright red, and they still sting with pain.

I jump into my bed and attempt to fall asleep, but fail.

"Why does he have to ruin everything? Well, I know why... me... because it's my fault" I whisper as tears stream down my, still stinging, cheeks.

My phone buzzes as it sits upon my bedside table.

Hoping it's Natsu, I pick up my phone and look who texted.

A smile forms on my face as I read the text.

"I had a great time this weekend, and I hope you did too! See you tomorrow! Goodnight Luce!" it read.

Tears cease to fall down my face, and my smile only grows as I reply back with, "Goodnight Natsu, thank you ♡"

My eyes close, and I slowly drift to sleep.