My Bloody Valentine

Start from the beginning

"Umm, no EMF, no sulphur. Ghost possession and demonic possession are both probably out."

"Hm. That's were I was putting my money." Dean sighed.

Alex walked over, stealing her drink back. She opened one of the bags. "Is this for me?" she asked, pulling out a burger.

"One for you, one for Dean. Fries as well."

"Awesome. Thanks man." Alex unwrapped hers, then paused. "Not really sure if I feel like eating yet." she admitted. When Sam let out a snort, she added defensively. "Hey. You wouldn't be hungry if you had gone down to look at those bodies."

"That bad?"

"It was disgusting." Dean backed her up. "I mean, those two started eating, a-and they just . . . kept going. I mean, their stomachs were full. Like, like . . . Thanksgiving dinner full. Talk about codependent." He stood up, walking over to the counter. He leaned against it, shaking his head.

Sam grimaced. "Well . . . we got out feelers out. Not much more we can do tonight. All right, I'm just going to go through some files. You go ahead and get going."

Alex returned to the bed, still staring down at her burger. She forced herself to take a bite. Yum. Then she puked her her mouth a little. Stupid bodies.

"Sorry?" she heard Dean ask as she forced herself to keep eating.

"Go ahead," Sam repeated. "Unleash the kraken. See you tomorrow morning."

"Where am I going?" Dean looked completely confused.

"Dean, it's Valentine's Day. You're favorite holiday, remember? I mean, what do you call it -- unattached drifter Christmas?" Alex chuckled at Sam's words.

"Oh yeah." Dean let of a faint smile. "Well, be that as it may, I don't know. Guess I'm not really feeling it this year."

"So you're not into bars full of lonely women?" Sam looked unconvinced. Alex gave up on the burger. She tossed it onto the table, and started on the fries. Much better.

"Nah, I guess not." Dean took a sip of his beer. Alex watched their interaction closely. Dean caught a look on Sam's face. "What?"

"That's when a dog doesn't eat. That's when you know something's really wrong."

"Remarkably patronizing concern duly noted. Now, are we going to work or what?" He sat down at the table next to Sam, who looked over at Alex, worried. She narrowed her eyes, sharing in his worry. Something definitely seemed wrong.

...

Alex finally managed to get approximately an hour of sleep the next morning, even after staying up the whole night. She found a bag on the table. Inside were two breakfast tacos and a note saying that Sam was at the library and Dean was getting more beer. Alex let out a huff of laughter and glanced at the clock. 11 am. She examined the food. "Do these tacos taste funny to you?" she quoted to herself, chuckling. Then she took a bite. Cold. Of course.

She took a shower, returning to the main room fifteen minutes later. Dean was there, laying on the bed. "Hey."

"Hey," Alex smiled back. She jumped onto the bed next to him. "Bored."

Dean rolled his eyes, pushing her off the side. "You're always bored," he told her.

Sam walked through the door. "So, uh, you guys read the paper yet?" He tossed it over to them.

Dean caught it, reading the front page before looking back up at them. "Another double suicide?"

"Looks like it." Sam nodded. "The bodies are down at St. James. Should we go take a look?" When Dean agreed, he grabbed his bag and disappeared into the bathroom.