On the Head of a Pin

June 17th, 2009

It was a month later when Bobby got the news from Sam and Dean. Pamela was dead. Sadness pulsed through Alex. Pamela the psychic. Dead. The funeral was in Cheyenne, Wyoming. They packed their bags and headed out.

....

Cheyenne, Wyoming

Alex tossed open the motel door open. She tossed her bag on the floor, flicking on the lights. Bobby followed. Nothing was really said. They had just gotten back from the funeral, and neither felt like talking. Alex sighed, sitting on the bed.

"Alex."

Alex turned at her name. She let out a frustrated breath. "Uriel."

"The hell?" Bobby exclaimed, looking over at the angels.

"What do you want?" Alex snapped.

"Come with us."

Us? For the first time, Alex saw Castiel standing behind Uriel. "Why?" she asked.

"We don't have to answer to you."

Then the motel room was gone. They were in a dark room. As her eyes adjusted, she realized she was in a different, empty motel room. "The hell?" she snapped.

"Be quiet." Uriel pushed her towards one of the beds. She sat down, slightly nervous. There they waited.

The door opened, and two figures walked in. Alex immediately recognized them. She opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't find her voice. Uriel looked down at her, and Alex knew exactly why she couldn't speak. She glared at him.

"Ah, home crappy home." Alex recognized Dean's voice.

The lights flicked on.

"Winchester and Winchester." Uriel greeted the two men.

Dean groaned. "Oh, come on." He saw Alex, and he looked at her, gaze questioning. She let out a frustrated breath in response.

"You are needed," Uriel informed Dean.

Alex looked for Cas. He was standing behind Uriel, facing the left wall, unblinking.

"Needed?" Dean spat. "We just got home from being needed."

"Don't take that tone with me, boy," Uriel snapped.

"No, you mind your damn tone with us." Dean looked down at Alex. "What are you doing here?"

Alex opened her mouth, and her voice was back. "I don't know," she growled. "I was dragged her by these winged dicks."

"Be quiet," Uriel ordered.

Alex ignored him. "And what the hell am I even doing here? I am actually needed?"

"I said, be quiet!"

Alex let out a wordless huff.

"Listen. We just got back from Pamela's funeral," Sam began..

"Pamela," Dean added. "You know, precious little psychic Pamela? You remember her. Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that?" His tone was growing sharp.

Alex glanced over at Castiel. His face seemed one of disinterest and regret.

"Good times," Dean continued. "Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes!"