Happy

Louis knew that sometimes during pregnancy there were some pains and small contractions that the body did in order to get ready for labour. They were called Braxton Hicks contractions and they were common for pregnant people to have around their five month mark. They start off easy and just feels like your abdominal muscles are tightening as well as your uterine muscles. As you become closer to your due date, the contractions become more frequent and intense. Louis has discussed this with his mum and Anne a few times to fully understand what was going to happen.

The first time he felt them was when he was six months pregnant, laying in bed with Harry singing to his belly. The feeling was uncomfortable at first, then as he continued to lay there watching Harry press kisses to his belly, the feeling got worse and Louis recognised it as a small cramp. It wasn't as bad as Louis had thought it would be but it only lasted for about twenty seconds before it eased up and went away.

"Are you okay Lou?" Harry bad stopped singing and he moved up to get a good look at Louis' face. As Louis realised what was happening to his body he must have spaces out for a bit and stopped engaging with Harry like he was previously.

"Fine." The pregnant boy tells him. "I think I just had my first Braxton Hicks though."

"A what?"

Louis smiles and makes grabby hands at Harry so he could have some help sitting up. Harry helps him easily and grabs a pillow to put behind Louis' back as he leans up again the headboard. Louis thanks him before explaining to Harry what a Braxton Hicks contraction was.

"Did it hurt?" Harry asked once Louis was done explaining.

"It was a small cramp. They probably started last month but I haven't noticed them because they were so light. A lot of first time pregnancies tend to pass by them without even knowing they happened. Usually of you've already had a kid before you're more likely to feel them." Louis explains.

"Maybe it's because you've got twins in there so your body is doing a shit ton of preparing for birth." Harry jokes.

"Don't swear! They're little ears can here you Harry." Louis giggles and cradles his belly. Just then he could feel a small kick at the side of his belly and he grabbed Harry's hand and pressed down on the exact spot that one of the twins were punching. Louis knew it wasn't a foot by the size of the limb pressing against him and he couldn't help but giggle when Harry was smiling like a dork at his belly.

"We're going to have the cutest fucking babies in the world." Louis whispers to Harry as Harry runs his finger over the spot that had a baby jabbing into Louis' side.

"Little ears Lou!" Harry laughed.

"I whispered. They can't hear me whisper!" Louis joked.

"Sure,"

***

"Niall, come here my cute Irish friend. I've missed you!" Louis laughed as Niall and Liam walked into his and Harry's flat. Liam eyed Harry curiously as Louis welcomed them so openly due to them not actually being close to the pregnant boy but Niall was open to a hug from almost anyone so he was happy when Louis offered him one.

"Look how much baby you have in you!" Niall laughs when he's forced to give Louis a side hug instead of a front, normal hug. Louis' stomach was a bit bigger than a normal six month pregnant persons would be but that's because he was carrying baby twins.

Louis giggles and nods before rushing off as fast as he could into the kitchen, grabbing his laptop then returning to sit down next to Niall. Before opening his laptop up, he spared a glance at Harry and Liam who were chatting about music.