Chapter 1

Emma's POV:

I finished serving everyone their pancakes when I sat down to enjoy mine.
Henry: "Yum!...I'm glad you convinced me to stay and have breakfast before school!"
Mary Margret: "Its the most important meal of the day, you should never miss it"
David quickly ate his pancakes and headed down to the station. David always left earlier than me, according to him I was too slow.
Mary Margret: "Emma, here"
Mary Margret handed Emma two bags of food.
Emma: "What's this?"
Mary Margret: "Lunch...for you and David"
I toke the bag from her.
Emma: "Thanks"
She smiled and went to pick up a fussy Neal. I turned to Henry who was finishing up his pancakes.
Emma: "Wanna walking buddy?"
Henry: "Sure!"
We quickly finished eating and put our jackets on. Even though Elsa, Anna & Kristoff had left Storybrooke, it was still freezing.
Emma & Henry: "Bye!"
Mary Margret: "Bye!"

We started walking down the street towards the school.
Henry: "Am I visiting my other mom today?"
Emma: "Ya...Regina made plans with Robin & Roland too...so it'll be the four of you"
Henry: "Ok...is she gonna pick me up from school?"
Emma: "Ya, I wish I could but I'm working later than usual today"
Henry: "To organize the town after the Snow Queen's visit?"
Emma: "Yup"
We reached the school. Henry gave me a hug and went off to school. I started making my way towards the station, snow started appearing. I guess Storybrooke's gonna face winter.
I enjoyed the calmness of the town, no villains or curses, just plain old Storybrooke.

I opened the doors to the station. As I turned the corner I saw David arguing with Grumpy.
David: "That doesn't make sense!...it would be easier to leave the carts"
Grumpy: "But if we move them into the clocks tower, they will be out of the way"
David: "What if you need to use them?"
Grumpy: "Not all of them!...just the extra ones"
David sighed. I had a pretty good understanding of the situation so I continued walking to the sheriffs office. After a while David came and knocks on the door.
Emma: "Ya?"
David: "I gotta go help the dwarfs with a cart problem"
Emma: "Ok...you got it handled? Or should I come too?"
David: "I've got it!...are you sure your ok alone?"
Emma: "Ya, I'll be fine"
He smiled and left with Grumpy. I sat at my desk and turned on the computer. No one had called, e-mailed or even came to the station.
As much as I loved solving things out, it was nice to sit back and relax a little.
After a few hours David returned.
David: "Came for lunch"
Emma: "Oh right!"
I pulled out the lunch bags and set them on the desk.
David: "Let's eat!"
We opened our bags and began eating.
Emma: "So did you solve the cart problem?"
David: "Yes...eventually we did"
Emma: "Well it sounds like you had a pleasant time"
David laughed and toke a sip of water.
David: "Ya...the mine carts are still in the mining tunnels"
Emma: "The clock tower solution didn't work?"
David: "Nope...not at all...there was no room, Belle used most of the space for new books"
Emma: "Oh"
David: "It toke a lot of convincing but Grumpy finally gave in and let them stay in the mining tunnels"
Emma: "At least we accomplished something today"
David: "No calls?"
I shook my head.
Emma: "Or visits...or complaints"
David: "I'm gonna finish some paper work...you can go home of you like, we only have 2 hours of work left"
Emma: "I think I can survive 2 extra hours here"
David: "Ok"
We packed up and David got to work. Time passed slowly and soon enough it was time to go home.
We closed up the station and started our way home.
David: "How are you holding up?"
Emma: "Fine, why wouldn't I be?"
David: "Well, after what happened to the Snow Queen, I know how determined you were to help her"
Emma: "Despite everything she did, I don't think she had to sacrifice herself"
David: "At least she got her sisters love"
Emma: "Ya"
David: "So, with the whole Elsa & Snow Queen situation I never really got to ask you something"
Emma: "What?"
David: "Should I be worried...about Hook?"
I laughed.
Emma: "No"
David: "Are you too serious?"
Emma: "Ya, I guess"
David: "Then I need to be worried"
I laughed slightly.
Emma: "He's not gonna hurt me"
David: "Ok, but I'm keeping an eye on him"

I smiled as we reached the apartment. When we walked in Henry was watching TV, Mary Margret was making dinner and Neal was in his crib. She smiled when she saw us.
Mary Margret: "I didn't even realize what time it was! I was hoping dinner would be ready for when you got home"
David: "It's ok...we don't mind"

I walked over to Neal's crib and picked him up. He smiled at me. I brought him over to the couch and sat down next to Henry who turned to me and smiled.
Emma: "Aren't you supposed to be with Regina and Robin?"
Henry: "Roland got sick, they had to cancel"
Emma: "I wish I knew, I would have come home earlier"
Henry: "It's ok"
I looked at the TV, he was watching Frozen.
Emma: "Reviewing this past year?"
He laughed.
Henry: "No, I just wanted to watch a movie and Frozen was playing on this cancel so..."

I nodded and turned back to Neal. He started to close his eyes, he was ready for a nap. I wanted to see if he would fall asleep in my arms and soon after he did. The hard part was putting him in his crib without waking him. I managed to get him in bed and asleep so I headed to the kitchen. Mary Margret placed all the plates on the table. Everyone dug in. After dinner we all went to bed.