Prologue

*2 months later*

One shoot glass down.
Then a second.
Then a third.
I'm getting dizzy now.

I struggled to find my way to the dance floor, but somehow I managed it on my own. Within seconds, I was engulfed in a huge crowd, surrounded by people I had never met, and invisible from the outside world. All I need is my own little world- a world where I don't have to feel the pain or the regret- and I was there.

Buzzed and numb, I moved my body to the music and found my new friends dancing against total strangers. I couldn't help the bubbling laughter that left my lips as I joined in on their fun, pushing myself against a total stranger like how they were. I moved my body in ways it seemed I was born with the knowledge to do, clearly turning my drunken stranger-partner on. I didn't plan on doing anything about that, I was just there for the fun of it.
I jumped slightly when I feel hands grab at my hips. "What's your name, Beautiful?" I could hear the slither of his tongue drip with sin as his mouth grazed my ear.
I subtlety shuddered, but simply played it off as I pushed myself back against him. "Don't have one." I spoke smoothly back to him.
I heard him give a throaty laugh and felt his hot breath fan across my neck and along my ear. "Fair enough, but don't you want to know mine?" As he spoke, I could feel his chest rumble against my back from his bassy tone.

I shook my head no in response. I wasn't there to learn names or attempt love on any level. I was only there to try and rid myself of my problems and painful memories.

He laughed again, this time very lowly and sinfully. His hands tightened on my hips. It started to hurt a little bit, but I didn't let it get to me. I wanted to be numb to all of the pain. "Why not?" He asked playfully. "Don't you want to know what you should be screaming tonight?" He whispered the last part into my ear and it was enough to make my dizzy and fuzzy state have enough.
I placed my hands on his and removed them from my waist. I took a few steps and then turned around to look at him. "I don't think you could handle a girl like me." I gave him a flirtatious wink and stepped back a few more steps. "Don't miss me too much."

With a quick spin on my four inch heels, I started walking in the opposite direction, swaying my hips as I went, fully aware that the man was still staring. 
I didn't care.

I was a new me and I didn't care
I was getting worse and I knew it
I was moving on and fully aware
I was broken and I hid it
I was wanted and I was rare
I was lonely and I lied about it
I was fierce, cold to the bone, and bare
Most importantly, I was Winter Air.