Jungkook

"BECAUSE YOU'RE EMBARRASSING!"

The words ricochet like bullets, propelled by a moment of weakness and too many sleepless nights.

Triggered by the overly joyous smile, the loud, excitable exclamations leaving your mouth, and that ridiculous BTS shirt you're wearing; yet another embarrassment he has to deal with. Too many times he's had to turn his head away from the stares of onlookers; refusing to admit that this bundle of ecstatic energy and fanaticism is associated with him... Refusing to admit that he's ashamed to be seen in the public with you; afraid of what the media would do... Afraid of the ridicule he'd receive and have to endure...

Despite the fact he loves you; he can't deny that he sometime finds you too much to bear.

It's like everything around Jungkook is only an echo of reality. He's vaguely aware of people talking, but it all seems to blend into white noise; ringing in his ears. He can vaguely feel words leaving his mouth, but can't quite understand them. He can feel his throat constrict from the effort; clearly a consequence from shouting. He can see your eyes, once bright with joy; with complete admiration, slowly filling with tears... He can feel his heart beating wildly, his lungs panting, his mind whirling.. And he begins to feel lightheaded; his brain scrambling to find answers as to why you suddenly look so upset...

But somehow, the thunderous drone begins to leave his ears; replaced by a deafening silence. A silence that wasn't there before, a silence that shouldn't be there..

He suddenly feels very, very cold inside.

Because you're embarrassing...

He realises with gut wrenching dread, that those words came from him, and those words were aimed directly at you.

The whole room has fallen silent, the weight of his accusation having stripped the atmosphere of cheerful conversation and harmonious laughter; all eyes now drifting to the boy with a bitter scowl. As Jungkook takes a moment to look around him, he's met with the stares from the crowd watching him intently; but for an entirely different reason than he's used to. His throat feels dry, his heart now dropping into his stomach, his blood running cold... His attention snaps back to you, and he feels like dying when he notices the tears gathering behind your eyes.. Tears he's just inflicted. Tears you should not have to shed...

"Oh.." Is all you can say, barely above a whisper. Your mind is too consumed with the enormity of the situation to function correctly, so before another word can leave your mouth; your throat cuts off in an attempt to hold back a pitiful whimper... Unwilling to show him any more emotion than necessary, because all you can seem to think about is how you don't want to cry in front of Jungkook and embarrass him... So instinctively, you find your feet shuffling backwards, seeking distance...Seeking an escape.

Jungkook's whole world seems to crumble beneath his feet, his legs feeling shaky and his mind unable to comprehend what the hell he has just done..

He didn't mean to say that.. He really didn't mean any of it.

Jungkook begins to search for words, scrambling for some form of an apology.. He's panicking, his mind tumbling over words to think of something that will fix this situation.. But his mouth is like a graveyard, full with apologies that just die on his lips; unable to offer pitiful excuses...

His hand instinctively reaches for you, seeking the ability to grab you and hold you in his arms. To hold you tight against his chest where he can place kisses on the crown of your head, and have your arms snake around his waist. He wants to feel like he hasn't just screwed up, he wants to know that you're not going to disappear from him or disappear from his life.

"I didn't mean- I really-" He approaches you with his heart heavy, but as soon as he tries to grab your hand, you recoil from his touch. His hand only grabs the air; but he suddenly feels like he's bearing a weight on his chest that's slowly crushing him...

His own eyes struggle to keep back tears, as guilt begins to consume him. "Please, don't listen to a word I said! I really- I didn't- I DIDN'T MEAN IT!" He voice breaks, his throat clenching before can say more.

But it wouldn't matter even if he found the right words, because you're already walking away, and out the door... Leaving him with a reality he can't possibly accept; a reality he refuses to become his..

Panic fuels his decision; abruptly chasing you out the door and down the long corridor.

He vaguely catches a glimpse of you scurrying away in a crowd of people, with the intention to disappear; forever lost in a sea of faces. But with a new found determination he runs in pursuit, dodging the various obstacles and bodies in his way; his mind wholly set on catching you. He mumbles apologies to the people he collides with; almost scolding himself with some woman's coffee, and almost tripping over the stage equipment propped up against the wall, vaguely aware of some stage manager yelling at him not to run in the corridor. But he doesn't care..

Catching up behind you, he makes a grabs for your wrist, knuckles white as he swings you around to face him. Unwilling to let you go; with the impending fear that you won't come back.

"Let go!" You snap at him, trying to shake off his hand. He shakes his head, panting as he tries to regather his breathing.

"I can't.." He says honestly.. Because he can't bring himself to accept what letting go would mean..

"But there's a crowd, people can see you with me. I don't want you to beembarrassed." You say bitterly. But despite the resilience in your eyes, you can't hold back the tiny tear that gracefully glides down your cheek. Without any sort of hesitation, Jungkook lifts a delicate hand to your face; wiping the tear away with his thumb. His fingers linger on your cheek for a brief moment before he decides to cup your face with the palm of his hand.

"I don't care." He says softly. "Let them see," He tilts your chin so he can look into your eyes; eyes that are defiant, but can thankfully still see him as the man you can trust.. "Let everyone see just how much I love you." He says, his voice breathy. His eyes already coveting your lips..

He leans in, kissing you gently; pulling you closer by the waist in an attempt to hold you as close as possible. Faces turn and stare, spectating with bemused expressions at the show of affection.

Warm, passionate, and caring, he pours his heart into the kiss.. Into the proof that he doesn't really care what people think; all he cares about is you.

And the only embarrassing thing about your relationship, is how long it took for him to realise that.