7 - When You Forget People Die

Today I got pissed off because someone twisted my wrist trying to see if my Cartier bracelet was real(it is). Even if it wasn't, don't touch me. Ever. Also I hate working retail.

It's all fun and games until somebody loses their mind.

I rarely ever left the safety of the living quarters. I guess I kind of pushed the idea that I was surrounded by death to the back of my mind, burying it where I couldn't find it. I had gone through a good amount of books in the library and soon found myself cleaning up and rearranging furniture. It wasn't like anyone stopped me and I was the only person who lived there besides Hades. It seemed Hades was always working- which was important since he was a God and helped me avoid him.

It had been over two weeks since I had left the earth, and I still felt scorned from the embarrassment of the party. I avoided the Dark Lord as much as possible, which was easy seeing as he had a never ending job to do.

It was around one am when the screams started. I laid in my plush bed, the only thing I would ever miss if I had ever left the underworld. They started off low, I wasn't exactly sure what they were. It sounded like a low whisper in the wind. Except there was no wind in hell. It turned to desperate wails for help and I knew exactly what it was. I could hear them begging for their souls back, crying for their families. I had never heard it before and I was confused as to why I was just now hearing it. It sent shivers up my spine and I squeezed my eyes shut, but could not stop the noise. I felt myself going insane, felt drained of energy.

I jumped from my bed, holding my hands over my ears as I made my way to the door that led into the hallway. They only got louder. There had to be a place that the screams couldn't pierce. My mind immediately wandered to Hades room. He must have been asleep and as much as I would have loved to continue avoiding him, I was desperate for peace from they crying soulless. I padded down the hallway, the floor cold against my feet, before stopping outside Hades bedroom. I turned the door knob, taking a deep breath, and made my way into the room.

As soon as the door shut behind me, it was completely silent. I no longer felt like I was losing my mind, but now I was surrounded by the now familiar scent of Hades. I had been in his room before, but never in the middle of the night, never when he was passed out in his bed. I quietly approached his bed, taking in his sleeping form. He laid on his stomach, his bare, muscular back displayed to me. He wore nothing but his boxer briefs, causing me to blush as I took his in barely clothed body that I could see where the blanket had been pulled off of him. His dark hair was tousled down his shoulder and his lips parted ever so slightly as he lightly snored.

I felt myself become drowsy as I stood there, deciding to approach the bed. I forced myself to climb in, immediately glad that I had since his bed was so warm and smelled just like him. I snuggled into one of the millions of unnecessary pillows that were on his bad and finally fell asleep.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I woke up with a dogs laying on me, licking my face. At first I had been confused as to where the 60 lb beast had come from and who's room I had been in, but then I remembered sneaking into Hades room. The Rottweiler wagged the little nub that was his tail as I scratched his chest.

"Careful with him. He's aggressive." Hades walked out of his bathroom, fully dressed for his day, giving me a smug warning, a smirk gracing his perfect lips. I rolled my eyes, finding it hard to believe the little sweetheart could be viscous in any way. The dog licked my face, and cuddled into me happily.

"What's his name?" I asked, eyeing the spiked collar that was lacking a name tag; avoiding the fact that I had snuck into Hades bedroom.

"Cerberus."

My eyes widened. "Like the three-"

"Yes." Hades interrupted me, nodding at the dog. "That is not his true form."

I found it hard to believe that the precious over sized puppy was the legendary three headed dog who guarded the underworld. But then again the God of the Underworld did think I was marrying him... I scratched behind Cerberus's ear, causing him to tap his leg in puppy pleasure. "What does his true form look like?"

"Terrifying." Hades gave me a toothy grin, which exposed the true wickedness that he was. "I noticed a little kitten snuck into my bed last night. Should have woken me up. We could have cuddled."

I snorted at the last sentence, before covering my mouth with my hand at the unladylike action. "You? Cuddling?"

I found it hard to believe someone as dark and powerful as Hades would be into cuddling. His gaze darkened. "I don't just fuck."

I hugged Cerberus, hiding my blushing face into his furr. "please, watch your mouth."

"Does it bother you when I say fuck? What if I told you I love fucking saying it?" He was grinning devilishly at this point, waiting for my response. When no response came, he continued on. "Now tell me, sweet gataki, why were you in my bed this morning? Not that I'm complaining."

"The screaming." Was all I had to say for him to understand.

"Ah yes, I forgot they can get loud sometimes. Forgot my room was the only sound proof one. Shame."

"Are you going to fix it?" When I asked I hadn't been sure that he could actually do anything about it.

"Nah. I think I actually prefer you in my bed." He winked, making his way towards the door. He clicked his tongue and immediately Cerberus was off the bed and sitting at his masters feet at attention.