9

Jade

It had just dawned on me. How did I not figure this out?

I fully, completely love Perrie Edwards.

That roiling, burning feeling wouldn't go away until she loved me.

I'm not okay.

~~~~

I stretched and tried to lift up my head, only being pulled back down quickly.

"Don't move that much, Jade. It can mess up your head." Someone said, their voice drowsy and in need of sleep.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine." I insisted, sitting up. I instantly regretted it as pain shot through my head, making me dizzy.

"No you aren't, Jade. Your head could be seriously injured. Just lay down please. I care about you." The voice said again, this time very pained.

"Why am I in here? And who are you? And how long have you been here?" I asked, slowly laying back down.

"You hit your head on your wooden headboard a few days ago, and it did something to your head. You should know who I am, but it's Perrie. I've been here since you got here, so three days or so." She, Perrie, explained, walking over beside my bed, smiling sadly.

"Y-you stayed that long, for me? D-don't we have appearances and stuff?" I asked, playing with my pale fingers.

"Yes, I've left only for those, but otherwise, we've had to perform without you, which was really hard on us, but we've managed. As soon as our performances are over, I rush back here to be with you."

"You do that for me?"

"Of course I do. You're like a sister to me."

I smiled to the best of my ability as she took my hand in her own. She pulled her chair up beside my bed and sat next to me, holding my hand until the doctors came in. The next few days went by just the same. I'd fall asleep or unconscious, I'd wake up and ask questions, and Perrie would sit by me until the doctors came in. Every day we got closer and closer together. Every day the pain was growing less and less.

Perrie

I completely lied to Jade when I said the feeling went away after I broke up with Matthew. It did, at first. As I realized how much pain I was putting Jade into, the feeling slowly came back. The feeling slowly seemed to grow more and more each day. I still don't know what it is. It seemed as if it was conceived when I thought I really, truly cared for someone. All I really know is that this time, it really hurt. It felt as if my stomach was caving in on itself, taking my emotions with it. It's very hard to describe. Thinking back, I've lied to Jade about a lot of things. Namely, my feelings, my love life, my past... Almost everything, really. The things she thought she knew about me were lies. All of them.

Maybe when we get her out of here we can take her to a bar or to get drinks. No telling what'll leave her mouth while she's drunk. No telling what'll leave mine.

Drunk words are sober thoughts.

I hope I won't say anything I'll regret. I'm an emotional drunk.

I looked over at the head of cascading brunette hair, her chest softly rising and falling as she slept from the medication they put her on.

She looks so peaceful. I wonder what she's dreaming about.

Jade

The sounds of the cascading waterfall crashing into the lake behind me filled my ears, the peaceful, serene sound enchanting me. I smiled to myself as I laid back on the blanket, letting the sounds take over my thoughts. I looked beside me, the gentle waves of blonde hair making me smile brighter. I placed my hand on her shoulder, gently shaking her awake.