8

I awoke with a start, a loud crashing sound emitting from the kitchen. I slowly stood up, wriggling from Leigh-Anne's grasp. My now-bare feet tapped quickly against the wood floor towards the door, my hand lashing out to grasp the cool metal of the handle. I quietly opened the door and heard it click shut as I tentatively walked out into the kitchen, my eyes going wide at the scene laid out in front of me.

Matthew was trying to advance on Perrie, who was furiously flailing her arms everywhere, keeping him away. Upon closer inspection, I saw Perrie had some cuts and bruises on her body. I quietly walked over to them, my blood boiling at the condition Perrie was in. I clenched and unclenched my fists, my knuckles tightening so much that they were white.

"I don't ever want to see you with that slut again!" Matthew bellowed, unaware of my presence.

"I-I just can't do that, Matthew." Perrie stammered.

"You have to, Edwards." Matthew said through clenched teeth.

"She doesn't have to do anything, douchebag!" I growled, all attention turning to me.

"Jade, no, please don't. I can't let you get hurt-" Perrie began.

"Perrie, it's not worth you being in this condition. I'm stronger than this arsehole anyways." I snapped, gesturing towards Perrie's whole body.

"Trust me, babe, you aren't anywhere near as strong as me." Matthew hissed.

"Oh look, the narcissistic douchebag thinks he's tough." I jeered.

"Try me, princess." He grunted, inching closer to me.

I charged at him, full force, and rammed my body into his. He chuckled lightly, acting as if it tickled.

"Oh sweetheart, that was nothing."

I punched his jaw, gut, and chest, and kneed him in the groin. He fell over, sputtering in pain. I yelled at Perrie to dial the police, and she did. The poor girl was shaking like a leaf on a windy day. I walked over to her and pulled her into a loving embrace, despite the painful throbbing in my head. I held her like that until the police got here, and I held her like that after they left. In those moments, all I felt was Perrie, her warmth, and her lips gently brushing my cheeks.

That touch sent a burst of confidence through me. I brought my head up and gently kissed Perrie's cheek. I kissed every single one of the cuts and bruises littering her face, her eyes shooting open.

"No, Jade, I can't. He'll hurt you. And I'm straight." She protested.

"Perrie, why? Why should it matter what he thinks?" I asked.

"Jade, I'm straight. You aren't. I'm sorry, it can't work out. I can't love you like that baba." She said, giving me a saddened smile.

"I'm going to go back to bed... Bye." I said, walking away before Perrie said anything in reply. I didn't return to Leigh's room, I returned to my own, crawling into the forlorn covers and sighing in pleasure from the warmth.

Perrie

"I just wanna scream out,
Till my voice breaks.
Even if the tears fall,
And my heart hates me
Baby I love you."

I heard someone softly singing, their voice evidently pained. I let the mysterious voice serenade me to sleep, not bothering to think about who it was.

~~~~

I sat down happily in a field filled to the brim with bright flowers in a variety of vibrant colors. I spotted a brunette off in the distance, sitting alone beneath a lone oak tree. I wandered over to her, her warm, captivating brown eyes capture mine as I close in on her, sitting beside her. She smiled at me before turning away, a song's lyrics fluttering from between her pink lips.