2

The rubber tires of the car skidded across the heated black asphalt, making a screeching sound. Four girls emerged from the vehicle, large smiles on their young faces. Two of the girls were inseparable, the other two laughing about something one of them said. They made their way inside the looming building, the last bit of their voices slipping inside.

----

As we stepped out of the car, I grabbed Perrie's hand happily. Her smile only grew wider as we walked towards the building to get Jake. Jesy, being Jake's fiancée, was the first to enter. We followed suit, the sound of our shoes reverberating on the tiled floors. The echoes resounded softly off the walls of the mostly quiet building, disturbing the peaceful setting. My eyes darted around the room, searching for a sign of life besides the registration lady. Perrie looked over at me, her crystalline blue eyes shimmering.

"You alright love? You seem nervous." Perrie observed, rubbing her thumb in circles along the back of my hand.

"I'm fine, Perrie. The quietness of this building makes me uncomfortable." I explained, my eyes still scanning the empty room.

"Okay, love." Perrie replied quietly, still smiling.

We continued to follow Jesy until we finally came up to a carpeted hallway with wooded walls. The wood in the walls was knotty and soft, so lively that it seemed as if it was still a part of the tree. I ran my free hand along the walls as we walked, my skin scratching against the surface. The soft echoing sound from the previous room was now replaced by the soft sound of feet padding against a plush surface. When we got to the room Jesy said Jake was in, I was relieved beyond a shadow of a doubt. I was so tired of walking endlessly that I could've collapsed on the spot. Jesy walked in, and only moments later, returned with her man on her arm.

We made our way back to the car, this time with Jake sitting shotgun and Leigh-Anne sitting next to me and Perrie. Jesy drove to the next location, only guided by Leigh's directions. Jesy pulled the car into a driveway in a nice neighborhood, and Leigh got out of the car. She walked up to the porch of the house and rang the bell. Only seconds later did Jordan emerge from the depths of the house, locking it as they left. They returned to the car and sat in the very back seat, buckling their seat belts before returning to their usual couple things. I returned my head to Perrie's shoulder, smiling into her side. She draped her arm around me, quietly talking to me. Jesy continued to drive, the car bumping slightly every few seconds.

~~~~

I quietly looked around the desolate area we were in. The grass was a dark, healthy green, and the trees were plentiful on the horizon. There were a few healthy trees sprinkled around the field, giving the illusion of a thin forest. Flowers were scattered among the soft blades of grass, peppering the field with bursts of vivid color. The sound of the leaves rustling gently in the wind filled my ears, creating a soft melodious tune from the sounds of pure nature. I slowly became aware of the place we were in, my eyes widening with realization. I scanned over the area again, my eyes sliding over each individual curve in the terrain.

"This-this park... It's from my childhood... I remember it so well..." I drifted off, the memories flooding back.

~1998~

My chubby fingers wrapped firmly around his hand, my giggles echoing across the park. I looked at the boy happily.

"Lukey, look!" I yelled out, giggling as I ran off to the big hill.

Luke followed closely behind, giggling with each step. I got to the top of the hill, and laid down at the tip of the hill. I turned slightly and began to roll down the hill, giggling and shrieking in delight. When I stopped rolling, I pushed myself up off the ground and regained my balance, almost falling back down. I looked at the top of the hill as Luke rolled down the side, shrieking happily. As soon as he stood up, he grabbed my hand and ran, taking me to a big tree. I looked up at it, smiling brightly.