Chapter 7

Osias

(Image above is of Benji!)

"Dumbass. Turn your ass around and go to our mate!" Screamed my wolf as we fought for dominance over my wolf form. I ran through the forest as fast as my paws could take me, and with every step I could feel my heart pulling me back in the opposite direction. It was painful as hell to keep myself in control when technically my wolf should be, but my cause was much more important. I knew that if I went back to my Pack House, just the sight of someone else touching my Angel would make me rip them to shreds. 

An Alpha tearing apart his own pack mates wouldn't go down well with the Council. 

"Shut the hell up, York." I retorted with a snarl, forcing myself to keep my guard up in case my ass of a wolf decided to sneak up and snatch back his body. "You know that I wouldn't be able to handle that scene back there."

"That's because you're fucking weak. I could handle it, I bet." Snorted York. I could practically see him rolling his eyes with a that ugly wolfish grin of his. I guess this is what happens when someone as stubborn as me is created. I even find a way argue with my wolf, who is technically a part of myself. It's sometimes a little bit ridiculous how much we yell at one another, but in the end I unfortunately need him to survive, so I find a way to put up with his idiocy. 

"You would just lay your fat ass self on top of him and squish him to death underneath layers of flab, so I don't think that would make the situation any better than it already is." I snapped back, quite satisfied with my answer as York simply grumbled inside of our mind and slunk back into the shadows without another word. I thought that he would never shut up. 

My nose suddenly tilted into the air as I caught an unfamiliar scent among the trees as I ran. This is my territory, and it makes no sense as to why there would be a scent that I do not recognize anywhere near it. The scent was slightly stale, but it still caused the hairs on my hackles to stand at attention. There was definitely something fishy going on.

However, a moment later a completely different voice invaded my mind through the pack link, disturbing my investigation. Fuck, I can never even get a second of peace and quiet, can I?

"Alpha!" Squealed a loud, high-pitched voice in my head. Benji. "I found a remedy that works, but it only lasts for about two hours at best. You need to get back fast!" I cringed as he finished in his outrageously loud voice, killing a few of my brain cells in the process. Could he have spoken any louder?

"Fuck. Lower that voice of yours. Thanks, I'll be there soon." I replied with a happy yip at the end. I could feel York jumping for joy inside of our mind at the mere thought of seeing our mate once again. 

 I slowed my run to a slow trot before turning around, my paws leaving distinct prints in the dirt below them. The mystery of the weird scent would have to be solved another time. It took me no time to dart back through the trees and viscous foliage before I emerged in the backyard of the giant Pack House. Although I'd only been gone a little over an hour, it seemed like a lifetime since I saw my little mate. 

My bones burned in anticipation as I shifted back into my human form, ignoring York's complaints and death threats for me not allowing him to be in control at all during our hiatus. Disregarding the fact that I was as naked as the day I was born, I ran through the house until reaching the Alpha Wing, when I ran faster and bursted into my room.