Chapter 10: Make up plus one chance

I snapped out of my daydream when Alex waved a hand in front of my face. I sighed and brought my gaze over to the smirking girl.

"Is something wrong? You seem out of it.." She chuckled and continued to play around with my phone. Alex said something about not having a phone for quite a while, so she wanted to see mine to see how much the phones have improved. I didn't question her on that.

"Just thinking... Got in a fight with a friend yesterday." Singing, I rubbed my eyes and stretched.

"Ohh.." She dragged out the 'oh'. Without looking up from the phones screen she continued to speak. "Just call your friend and apologize. It's simple as that."

"He was the one who wouldn't want to give an another friend of mine a chance due to past experiences. The guy practically promised he would change.."

"Who is that friend who wanted to change so badly?" Alex asked me while texting something. I raised an eyebrow but replied anyway.

"His name is Bill."

After hearing me say his name, Alex let out a laugh, but quickly covered her mouth. She kept giggling and looked up at me with a mocking facial expression.

"As in Bill Cipher the mighty dream demon? You have got to be kidding me." Letting out another laugh she inhaled deeply.

I had lost my words. How does Alex know him? Has she by any chance been friends with him as well? A lot of questions were running through my mind as I looked down at my lap. How can a girl who has lived in a cave know about him? Did Bill invade her mind as well? Despite me not believing her, I decided to ask her:

"How do you know him?"

She put a hand on her chin and tapped it lightly. "Well, as far as I can remember, Bill had randomly showed up here. He messed with my mind a few times, but nothing major." She shrugged. "He's annoying if you ask me. I hate that he messed with Dipper and Mabel a few years ago. Wanted to strangle his sorry !ss when he showed up."

"How in the world do you know Dipper and Mabel?"

"Who doesn't? They always came here every summer. Both of them passed my cave a lot of times, so it wasn't long before I got their names." She smirked. "And that's how I know you! I remember you coming here during summers and hanging out with them. But at one point you disappeared.."

I sat there dumbfounded. How could I not notice the cave? I do remember something about passing it a few times, but nothing else. Never would I guess that someone was living in there. Mabel kept saying that bears lived there, because she heard strange sounds from in there.

It's all coming back to me about that cave. It's not too far from my house either. A 15 minute walk at least.

"Don't worry, I'm not a crazy stalker." She reassured and I smiled lightly.

"About Bill..." She started. "The fact that I laughed at his promise to change is just ridiculous. I don't think he will change, but if you want to give him a chance, I'm on your side here."

"Thanks? I guess..." I let out a sigh and brought my knees to my chest. Could I really trust Alex? She hasn't done anything to make me not trust her, but still. Anyone who knows Bill might be a trickster. Then again, not everyone in this town would be like the dream demon.

My phone vibrated indicating that I had just received a message. I looked at Alex who was reading the text with a smirk.

"Hey!" I exclaimed and snatched the phone from her arms. She started laughing and I rolled my eyes, taking a look at my screen. The first thing I did was I noticed that the text was from a contact named 'Bill ;*' with a damn kissy face.