Chapter 5: The journal

~~Your P.O.V.~~

I gasped and sat up, bringing my hand to my forehead. While still breathing heavily, I looked around. I was still outside near the tree I used for support.

Noticing I was safe, I let out a long sigh and stood up, dusting myself off.

"Stupid Bill and his deals.." I mumbled and continued to head home to pack my bags for our 'adventure' with the twins. My mood went from annoyed to happy just thinking about having fun for once.

As soon as I got home, I got greeted by the smell of pancakes. Making my way past the kitchen, I stopped in my tracks and looked at my grandpa who was reading a newspaper. But what really caught my eye were the stack of pancakes on a plate in the middle of the table.

"Hey! Me and my friends are going camping tonight. Is that alright?" I asked.

"Of course that's alright, dear! Keep an eye out for any monsters!" He warned jokingly. I giggled and nodded.

"Will do!" I saluted as he gave me thumbs up. I turned around and ran upstairs to my room.

I smiled to myself as I entered my old room. It needed some serious redecoration because it still was full of toys of all kinds. Better leave that for an another day.

I grabbed my (f/c) backpack from the closet and started packing.

"Okay...what will I need.." I tapped my chin and put the backpack on my bed. "Flashlight...batteries just to be safe...phone! Can't forget that." I kept gathering all I needed and shoving the items in my backpack.

Though, I couldn't help but feel like I'm being watched. As if someone was always standing behind me, watching my every move. I got goosebumps just thinking about it.

Slinging the backpack on my back, I ran downstairs with my phone in hand.

Since the twins weren't here. I decided to have a quick snack. As in pancakes.

Entering the kitchen, I grabbed a plate and with a fork's help, I put a pancake on it. Satisfied, I started to munch on it.

"Hey, (y/n)? I've been meaning to ask you, why do you have a key around your neck?" My grandad asked, folding up the newspaper.

Swallowing the food in my mouth, I replied. "I don't really remember what its purpose is, but it always reminded me of Gravity Falls. I kinda like it!" I smiled.

He just nodded and got up, heading to the living room to probably watch TV.

As I put away the plate, I heard someone knock on my door. I rushed to the door and opened it to see Mabel and Dipper smiling at me.

"Hey guys! Wait...I never told you where I live, how did you found my house?" I asked.

"We asked Grunkle Stan. And what do ya know! He knows your grandad so he told us!" Mabel smiled and Dipper nodded.

I smiled back and quickly grabbed my backpack and phone.

"I'm going, grandad! See you tomorrow!" I said, heading to the door where the twins were waiting for me.

"Alright, be careful!" He said back and out the door I was.

"So...where are we going?" I asked the twins and we started walking.

"To the lake." Dipper replied.

"Yeah! And I brought Marshmallows! Hey, Dip, did you bring the tent?" She asked.

"Yup! Everything is set!" He nodded at his sister. Mabel giggled and squeezed herself in between me and Dipper. She linked arms with both of us.

"This is gonna be the best day ever!" She cheered and jumped up, making me and Dipper almost trip. He looked at Mabel with an annoyed face expression. I giggled softly.