Prologue

4 years ago

"Ready or not, here I come!" Dipper yelled and uncovered his eyes, scanning the area. He slowly walked around the tree he was counting by, then moved on to check the bushes. Doing a quick spin, Dipper ran around the Mystery (S)hack, in hopes of finding the two bubbly girls. He came to a halt once he heard familiar giggling coming from behind the strange statue by the shack.

"Mabel! Be quiet or he's gonna find us!" You whisper-yelled, trying oh so desperately to hide your own giggles. The brown haired girl didn't listen to you and continued to giggle.

"Boo!"

The startled 11 year old Mabel and 10 year old you let out a high pitched scream. You whipped around, your (h/l) (h/c) hair slapped slightly against Mabel's cheek. You saw Dipper leaning against the statue, laughing at your and his twin sister's reaction.

You and the twins, Dipper and Mabel, were friends since this summer's beginig. Gravity Falls is your grandfather's home town. Since you lived in (h/t)(home town), you came to visit your grandad almost every summer. Though, your mother did not like you visiting, she allowed you to. You visited Gravity Falls almost every summer and winter holidays. On summers, you went alone. But when Christmas came around, you went with your mom and dad.

Long story short, your grandad brought you to the Mystery (S)hack. He told you that this place was full of interesting props and creatures. But you weren't fooled by the props. At that same day, you met your two best friends: Dipper and Mabel.

The twins dragged you along amazing adventures. You explored the forest, went camping with them and their 'gruncle', who told amazing campfire stories.

But what cought your attention was Dipper's journal. He didn't let anyone touch it, but you got to peek inside a few times. All he said was that it's full of amazing things and mysteries that are awaiting to be solved.

There's just something about this town...

"Dipper! Don't ever do that again!" Mabel called, putting a hand on her chest, breathing heavily.

Dipper wiped away a fake tear and straightened up. "What were you two giggling about anyway?"

You and Mabel shared a glance and giggled quietly. "Oh, nothing!" You replied with a goofy smile on your face.

"Girls..." Dipper sighed.

"Hey, little dudes! I think it's about to rain! Come inside already!" You three turned in the shack's direction. You saw Wendy waving at you to come over.

You started to head to Wendy, but Dipper ran past you and Mabel, getting to the teenage girl first.

"Hey, wait up, BroBro!" Mabel yelled and ran after her twin.

You pouted and puffed out your cheeks the slightest. You knew Dipper had a crush on Wendy, and you didn't like that at all. To be honest, you had a tiny crush on Dipper as well. You tried to hide hide it from him, and you did a great job of it. Even Mabel didn't suspect a thing.

Ignoring your thoughts, you ran inside and closed the door. Dipper and Wendy were chatting away by the counter, Dipper trying to act all cool by putting his feet on the counter. But he slipped and barely kept his balance, laughing awkwardly.

You snuck upstairs, to the attic where Mabel probably is. You opened the door and saw Mabel petting Waddles. (If you don't know who Waddles is, it's Mabel's pet pig.).

"(Y/n)! I just had the best idea ever! Let's have one last sleepover before school starts!" Mabel cheered, emphasising the word 'the'. You thought about it for a second, but then nodded in agreement.