Na Na Na (Na Na Na)

She knew it was time for her to leave. There was nothing for her in that city, everything she craved lied outside the walls.

Nobody was home, her father was on a buisness trip for the rest of the week. She could easily leave that night.

So she formed a plan.

She'd go to the tunnels, the biggest one, the main way out of the city. No one used the tunnels anymore, nobody had reason to leave, but there were still one or two guards stationed there to keep unwanted guests like the Killjoys out.

She dressed for the journey quickly, wearing a simple black tshirt, jeans, a black belt, and white sneakers. None of her clothing had much color. She left her long curly hair down. Nothing she did ever controlled it.

She packed a bag of canned foods stolen from the pantry and bottled water. She also grabbed her handheld radio.

Then, she packed what decided between her succeeding and failing to escape: a ray gun. The cold, clean, white guns lay in her father's closet. Every household had one gun for each family member, to be used only in extreme emergencies and to be kept under strict lock-and-key by the guardian of the house. Her father never bothered to lock it though, he figured he could trust her. She stole the gun with ease, slipping it into her duffel bag.

It was then that it hit her, she was going to be free. She was going to be a Fabulous Killjoy. She was going to help do whatever she could to save this world, no matter what the cost. A strange small rush of adrenaline and anticipation coursed through her.

She looked around her room, feeling slight remorse for what she was about to do. She loved her father more than anything, but the pills had warped his brain, made him nothing more than an unfeeling vegetable. She knew he wouldn't miss her.

She turned off the lights to her home, locked the door, and set off into the strangely clear and calm night.