Cheesy But Sweet

Zayn's POV

I opened my eyes as soon as I felt the light hitting my eyelids. The first thing I saw was the medium numbers on the screen of the bedside clock. It reads 10:23 am.

Erin is still asleep, her mouth quite hanging open. But I find it cute and charming at the same time. I know it's weird but it was.

Then I remembered my seemingly real dream earlier at 3 am. It felt so real, I almost cried. The dream was too heartbreaking for my part.

I caressed Erin's cheeks and saw her eyelids flutter. Then a small groan escaped from her mouth and a small move of her lips caught my attention. It made me smile and giggle at the same time.

I know she is half-awake and so I greeted her. "Good morning cupcake." I said. "Rise and shine."

She groaned and mumbled something I couldn't even understand. She moved a bit and continued sleeping.

"Why do pregnant women sleep a lot," I said as I wrapped my arm around her head. I placed a kiss on her forehead. Little snores came out from her mouth.

"Good morning little one." I said as I touched Erin's belly. She moved when she felt my touch but continued sleeping still. "Your mum is such a heavy sleeper. It's already ten am and she is still snoring." I whispered. "When you grow in there, kick her hard when she is still asleep at this time of the day to tell that you are hungry."

Still, Erin didn't bother to open her eyes. So I continued talking. "I can't wait for you. I know I'll wait for a few months before seeing you and that makes me excited. I can't wait to feel your heartbeat, your voice, your giggles and your cries. I can't wait to see you in the arms of your mother."

I honestly feel so excited. I am being honest right now. The images running in my head and my thoughts about the future made me excited.

For a few minutes, I was just caressing Erin's stomach. It seemed not to matter to her because she was still asleep. She even placed her arm unconciously on the top of my stomach and kept on snoring.

I began to feel sleepy again but I decided to fight it. Slowly, I removed her hand and removed myself from the bed. She stirred again for a bit.

I made sure that the duvet covered her enough. As soon as I made sure that I looked fine, I went out.

First thing that greeted me is the silence of the empty hallway. But when I got near the stairs, I saw Harry and Dana, playing with Darren.

"Good morning there, bro." Harry greeted when I got down from the stairs. "Where's Erin?"

I gave him a smile. "Asleep. Snoring a lot." I answered.

"That's normal." Erin said as she carried Darren. Harry cooed over the little child that made him giggle. "Good thing that so far, she doesn't have that morning sickness. It's one of the worst things during pregnancy."

I smiled. "Yeah. I was actually expecting for that sickness to kick in but thankfully, she's not yet experiencing that."

"Wow, since when did you learn about that?" Dana asked and after a second or two, she answered her own question. "Oh, yeah. Summ..."

Harry, who realized also what Dana was trying to say, interrupted her before she could fully finish her sentence. "Well, I think, it's a common knowledge, babe."

Dana, who obviously got kicked by the sudden realizations, gave me an apologetic smile. "Yeah, right."

I smiled to her. "Where are the others anyways?"

"Alexa and Niall are in the grocery. They need to stock up the freezer because it's almost half empty." Harry said.

"Half-empty?" I asked, making sure that I heard him right.