12- What Did He Say?

Chapter Twelve- What Did He say?

                                The man identified himself as Andente Taylor. The twin of Christian... The one that nobody knows about. He told me he'd get me out of that place if I listened very closely. He also told me to get in the freezer, get ice and rub it on my ears and face. I did that, and he left to get something. He came back a few moments later with a tube of red liquid. He put the liquid on my ears and mouth, picked me up, and told me to act dead. 

We were outside, and the men were there... Stalking. Andente said to them,  "It's fine. I killed her with the poison you gave me." They applauded him and asked to take me. Andente told them no very sternly and told them he'd take me into the woods to bury me. 

I was in his arms, and I felt tingles going all up my spine. I felt like this had happened before. And if it did, it wasn't going to end well...

Andente ran to the forest, and said "I'm going to get in so much trouble for this... But I don't care!! NONE OF THIS IS RIGHT!! And you're too beaut-" Andente put me down and I heard noises behind us. We both turned around to see the men staring us down, guns in hand. "And just what the hell do you think you're doing, huh?" one of the strange men asked. Andente replied with a quick "Something I should've done two God damned days ago, bitch." Andente pulled out a gun and shot all three men in the chest. Dead on the heart, all three. He picked me up again and said "Don't worry. They all had some cold ass hearts. Not much of a loss to the world."  I realized I hadn't talked much.. Actually, I hadn't talked at all since we met. "Put me down." I said in a quiet, kind of mousy voice. "What?" "I said PUT ME DOWN!"  "Okay, okay, damn." he put me down carefully and asked me what was wrong. I told him nothing was wrong, I just wanted down. We walked to the end of the woods, and I asked him if he was going to come. 

"I won't be able to come with you. I'm sorry. I wanted to ask you something though. Would you like to be my-" BANG!! BANG BANG!!! From out of nowhere, there were gunshots... And one bullet.... Just one bullet went through Andente's chest. Right through his heart.   

I ran until I couldn't run any longer, which was about 3 miles... And by then, my ribs hurt, my head hurt, my legs were shaky and my nose was bleeding from all the dry air.    

I found the road eventually and I saw a sheriff going by, so I waved him down..

 I swear, I think I recognized him from somewhere....