Wake Up

Lucy felt someone nudging her, and her yes opened sleepily. She felt as if she had had a nice, long nap, and being woken up was a burden.

Shade stirred beside her, and Lucy sleepily pulled out her hand and hugged the Exceed to her chest. She looked up to see a man looking at her with confusion.

He had his hair pulled up into a pony tail, with his fang-like teeth showing as his mouth was open in confusion. He was crouching, his hands on his knees.

"Who are you?" Lucy asked, her voice scratchy. She wanted a drink of water.

"That's my line." He said, looking the girl up and down with his eyes squinted. Then he shrugged. "Everyone's meeting over there." His hand lifted, pointing into a direction.

"Thanks." She mumbled. She got up, about to turn to say something else, but when she turned around he wasn't there.

A figment of my imagination?

She shrugged it off, and walked towards the area the man had pointed her in. She stumbled in the brush while Shade stirred in her arms, about to wake up. Lucy was glad. She was kind of worried she wouldn't be awake for a while.

"Lucy-san?" The black cat mumbled sleepily. She took her fluffy paws and rubbed them against her eyes.

"Shh, just sleep." Lucy pat her head and continued to walk towards the designated spot. Shade nodded her head sleepily but didn't go back to sleep. She climbed up on Lucy's head, spotting ahead.

"Ooh, look, there's a clearing!" She said, surprisingly loud and excited even though she was sleepy just a few moments ago. Lucy rolled her eyes and laughed at her Exceed. She loved her to pieces.

"Hey, guys." Lucy stepped into the clearing. Everyone was there, and even a few people she didn't know. That weird guy with the ponytail was there, talking with Levi with drool practically dripping from his mouth. Next to him was a big man eating some sort of meat. Possibly chicken?

"Who are you?" He motioned towards the two girls.

Natsu jumped up and put an arm around her. She froze up, not used to human contact. She couldn't stop the blush that rose into face. She knew it was ridiculous, but he was really close.

"This is our new Guild member, Lucy." He grinned.

"Aye! She's a Dragon Slayer too!" Happy chimed in.

"Yep." Shade smiled a big smile. She looked over to where Gajeel was with Levi, only to find Lily staring at her. "Is something wrong?" She asked. She had turned herself upside down on Lucy's head, hanging her head so the back of it was resting on Lucy's forehead and her tail was hanging with her long hair.

Pantherlily blushed a cute pink. "N-no... sorry..." He mumbled and looked away. Shade shrugged it off.

"So do we finally get to see your guild?" Lucy asked, exited.

Mira laughed. "Our guild. Yes. You guys also will get to get your marks."

"Cool!" Shade squealed. "I will get it on my back, see!" She lifted up the back of her dress.

"Oi! Lily, are you okay?" Gajeel suddenly exclaimed. Everyone looked over to see Lily lying on the ground.

"Y-yes... I just felt a bit... faint." He brushed it off, his face completely red.

Shade shrugged again. "So when are we leaving?"

____________________________________________________________

When they arrived at our destination, two Dragon Slayers were the first to get off. They piled on the ground, groaning as the world spun around them. Laxus stumbled out next, with Gajeel following, but they kept their balance, just swaying a little. They felt nauseous, but was doing their best to conceal it. Wendy just stood nervously, watching.

"No fair." Lucy grumbled, getting off of Natsu. "Why doesn't she get sick too?"

"I guess it's because she has healing powers." Mira added in with a close-eyed smile. Why is she always so cheerful?

"Ugh..." Was all that Natsu could say. Lucy had almost gotten over the motion sickness, but Natsu's eyes were still spinning. She rolled her eyes, but smirked.

Then, it was the moment to step in the gigantic, old, creaky building. Lucy was expecting something a bit more, but this was still better than living in the streets.

"See, I told you that you couldn't..." A person started to say, before they saw everyone else behind them.

They all ran up for a heartwarming reunion. Everyone was hugging and crying tears of joy. Lucy stood by awkwardly, watching everyone, smiling softly. Then her smile faltered as she thought of something.

Had anyone missed me the past seven years?

She didn't have anyone to miss her. And that, for some reason, made her incredibly sad. She hung her head a little lower, her eyes half-closing as she stared at the ground, thinking.

Celest should have missed me... But was Celest even alive to miss me?

"You look sad." A voice interrupted her from her sulking.

"I do?" She asked, looking up at her little exceed, who was laying lazily on her head.

"Yes, yes." She nodded her head twice, her eyes closed. "I know what you're thinking... I know you better than anyone... so stop thinking about it. We have a whole family now." She threw out her arms.

Lucy smiled a little. "Yeah, that's right." She straightened up, causing the black exceed to bounce off of her head with a small Oof!

Before Shade could scream at Lucy for being a blonde, a voice called them over. "Hey, Lucy, don't think we forgot about you!"

"Did you need something?" Lucy asked hesitantly. She was disappointed it was not Natsu that had called her over, but then she over ruled her own feelings as preposterous. He has a family that missed him, so why would he spend time with her?

"Yes. Where would you like your stamp?" Mira asked.

"Mhhh... my hand." She held out her right hand. She wanted it to be where she would always see it.

"What color?"

The only color she could think of, a color that would haunt her dreams and sweeten her nightmares. An image of who she missed the most popped into her head. "Gold." She said with certainty.

"And you?" She asked the dark exceed.

"Purple!" She squealed in excitement. Lucy laughed a short chuckled, which sounded more like breath of air coming out from her lips. "Right on my back." She stuck a thumb over her shoulder to indicate where she wanted it.

"Okay, then, I'll be right back." She smiled a big smile, her eyes closed sincerely. She left for a second to grab the stamp, coming back with a bright smile upon her sweet face. Her smiles were contagious; Lucy couldn't help but smile back.

She quickly stamped them, and grinned.

"You're officially Fairy Tail members!"