Meet Lucy Star, the Dragon Slayer

(A/N So, yes, I know, there are tons of stories of Lucy becoming a dragon slayer and becoming powerful all that blah blah blah, yes, I know, so what's the big deal about making my own is that I hope this one will be a little less... confusing, and a lot more interesting. Hope you enjoy!)

"M-mommy?" The little girl cried. She wiped her brown eyes as tears streamed down them. She was in a grassy field, when she could have sworn her mommy had sung her to bed last night. All she had on was a white nightgown, no shoes in sight.

"Mommy!" She screamed louder. She began crying harder, and started running. The tripped over a rock with her bare foot and fell on her butt. She started crying even louder and holding her bleeding foot.

"I want my mommy!" She cried.

She suddenly felt a hot breath connect with her skin. She stiffened and turned around slowly to see a large, gold dragon, who's scales shined in the sunlight. She was backed away, scared.

"Ahh!" She screamed, getting up and tried to run again, but tripped over the same rock. "Ouch!"

Shh, child, all is well. The dragon spoke in a calming voice. She blinked her big yellow eyes slowly and tilted her head, sizing up the girl in front of her.

"W-where's my m-mommy?" The girl hiccuped, standing up and wiping her eyes.

Your mother is no longer with you, The dragon said sadly. But I shall be here to guide you now.

"W-here d-did my mommy go?" The little girl tried to breathe but she was panicking.

Where she went is not important. The dragon got closer. I am Celeste, the Celestial dragon of the stars. And who are you, child?

"M-my name is Lucy. I don't know my last name, though. Or my middle name." The little girl said sadly. She was too young to remember her last name, let alone her middle name.

Then we shall call you Lucy Star, in honor of your soon to be powers.

Lucy Star. The little girl had to admit, she liked it. She loved stars. It was part of her old mommy's power.

"My new powers?" She asked, confused.

Come, my child. There is lots to teach. Celeste's chest moved up and down, and for a second Lucy though she was crying, but she soon learned that that was the way dragons laughed.

*Time skip because I'm too lazy to write everything and you'd be too bored to read all of it*

It was the year 777, July Seventh, and Lucy Star was nine years old. She practiced with Celeste ever since she was four, when she was first found in the fields. Since then Celeste showed Lucy a warm cave where Lucy made her home.

Lucy was outside, practicing her powers.

"Celestial Dragons roar!" She shouted. This was one of the first spells Lucy learned to use. It created a gigantic column of blue, yellow, orange, red, and white; the color of the stars. Lucy somewhat remembered when she was first found by her mom, but did not remember anything after that. She did not remember how she got her first or last name, just as any child does not know. She just knew that Lucy Constella Star was her name and Celeste was her mom.

After a while of practicing, she grew tired and decided to head back in to tell her mom about her training all by herself.

"Celeste! Cele-chan!" The blonde girl bounded into the cave, expecting to see her gold-scaled mother curled up from sleep. Maybe she went out to hunt. Sometimes dragons have to do that in order to satisfy their hunger.

"She'll be back soon." Lucy told herself. She sat down on one of the soft rugs on the floor. The girl was wearing her usual outfit- a blue and white dress with her favorite object she got from her mom, a blue bow. She wore it every day, even if she wasn't wearing blue.

It soon grew dark and Lucy realized she would have to go to sleep, or she would tired for tomorrows training. She didn't want Celeste to be mad at her. She's only ever seen Celeste mad twice, once when Lucy went missing for a whole day because she was chasing a frog, an another time because Lucy had went outside in the middle of the dark.

And Celeste was scary when she was mad. Very scary indeed.

She feel asleep, feeling confident that her mom would show up before it got too late.

She sighed and felt her eyelids getting heavy, and before long she fell asleep.

Lucy. Lucy, my apprentice, rise. She heard her mother saying. She wakes up and rubs her eyes. "Cele-chan?" She mumbles. Then, seeing her big gold chest, bolted up and hugged her leg. The dragon hummed in delight.

Then she got serious.

Lucy, I'm going away for a while. She whispered quietly. Lucy shook her head, tears already starting to form in her eyes. She squeezed them shut tightly. She couldn't handle it if she left her.

"No, mommy." She cried, tears running down my face and onto Celeste's scales. The dragon then began crying tears of it's own. Two big, fat tears rolled down her face, both of them glowing bright yellow. They landed on Lucy, but did not make her wet. It looked as if Lucy had absorbed the tears.

I'm sorry, young one. I've grown to love you even more than I did when I first saw your face, and you give me much to be proud of, but now that I am gone, I request you not to search for me.

"I can't!" She screamed, her power starting to glow around her. "You're all I know!"

But you'll move on. The dragon told the little girl. I know you can.

"I don't want to." She sobbed.

We have no choice. She sounded very distance.

"No!" Lucy screamed. "No, mom, come back!" Celeste had begun disappearing, fading into gold dust.

I'm sorry, my daughter.... The dragon gave the little girl a small smile before completely disappearing.

Lucy woke up sweating and crying. She wiped her face and looked out at the cave door, where the moon was shining with all of the stars.

That was a scary dream. She thought to herself. But she knew it was just a dream. Celeste would come back. She just had to wait for her.

*************************************************************************************

After waiting for two weeks, Lucy knew that Celeste was not coming back. She cried, once again, and afterwards vowed to search for her. If Celeste wouldn't come back home to her, she would have to find Celeste.

She knew she had to leave this cave eventually. She couldn't be living on her own like this forever.

What if Celeste was killed? Or what if she left me because she thought I was too weak?

No, no. Stop those thoughts, Lucy. She told herself. She packed a bag and looked down in distaste at her dress. She didn't feel very young anymore, and dresses were not doing it. She changed her outfit quickly, wearing a White crop top with a blue cross, baggy white pants, black shoes, and, of course, her bow. She pinned it up in her hair with a tight side ponytail. Now, to really pull off her look, she grabbed her trench coat with the long sleeves and pulled it over.

She packed a bag with some spare changes of clothes and a few loaves of bread. Then she went off backpacking into an adventure.