Shade Goes Battle Form

"Oh, another Dragon Slayer, huh?" Makarov stepped close to Lucy, inspecting her. She felt self-conscious in front of the three Dragon Slayers, but Shade was loving it.

"Yep! She's a Celestial Slayer. Lucy-san could beat anyone!"

"Shade." Lucy hissed. She looked around nervously. "Enough."

"It's only the truth." She muttered, crossing her little arms. Lucy smiled at her behavior.

"If you could beat anyone, then fight me, Lucy!" Natsu screamed, his fists lighting into flame.

"No, thanks. I'm still kinda tired..." She said awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Shut up, Fire Breath." Said a male with long dark hair.

"What did you say, Iron Face?" Natsu said, getting into his face.

"You heard me, Flame Brain." He said, just as serious.

"What type of Dragon Slayer are you?" Lucy asked him, trying to stop whatever was going on.

"I'm an Iron Dragon slayer." He said, his arms still crossed, sending a glare towards Natsu.

"Gajeel!" A voice said as a new person entered the small group. "Hey, Gajeel! There you are. Can you..."

She trailed off, seeing Lucy stand there awkwardly. "Hi. I'm Levy." The girl with blue spiky hair told her. "Who are you?"

"Lucy..." She muttered.

"Nice to meet you. I'm sure we'll get along great. As long as you like books, of course." Levy smiled.

"Sure..." Lucy said. The truth was, she wasn't the best at reading. Being raised by a dragon does that to you.

"Hey, what happened to your shoes?" Levy asked, looking down at her feet.

"Huh?" Lucy looked down at her ragged shoes. "Oh. I just... move around a lot, and I don't have a lot of money, so I can never really buy new ones..."

"There are plenty of jobs you can do at Fairy Tail, if you decide to join." Levy smiled. Lucy froze. Join... Fairy Tail?

"So, are you a first generation?" Wendy asked her.

"I'm sorry, what?" She came back into her senses.

"Were your powers taught to you by a dragon?" Makarov asked.

"Well, yes. But she went missing seven years ago" Lucy looked down at her feet, remembering the moment.

Everyone went quiet. She felt an arm around her shoulder, and looked up to see Natsu giving her a one-armed hug. She smiled, trying to blink away the wetness of her eyes.

"It's the same for all of us." Wendy said quietly. Lucy was surprised. She never knew other dragons had disappeared.

"July Seventh?" She questioned. Wendy nodded her head saddle.

"I'm sorry." Lucy told the little girl.

"It's okay." Wendy smiled.

"Hey, I thought you said every Dragon Slayer has an Exceed." Lucy looked at Natsu, who had pulled away from the hug.

"They do."

"Then where is their Exceeds?" Lucy pointed towards the two Dragon Slayers in front of her.

Happy suddenly jumped up. "Oh no! Carla has run away with Lily! Why would she chose him over me?!" He started crying, getting down on his knees.

"Shut up, stupid cat. I wouldn't run away with Carla." A black cat with a sword over it's back arrived. He had a scar over his eye, and was standing next to a beautiful white cat who had brown eyes.

"Oh, yay! I was starting to think there were only males around here." Shade said, jumping from Lucy's arm down to the ground. She walked up to the two other Exceeds.

"I'm Shade. Lucy's Exceed." She smiled at them.

"I'm Carla, and this is Lily." The white cat introduced them.

"Hey, nice sword! I have one like it." Shade pulled out her silver sword that had a purple streak in the medal.

"What would you need it for? It's not like you can do much damage at that size." Lily said.

"At this size, no, but at this size..." Shade smirked.

Then she went into battle form. Her green dress transformed into a green bikini and green short shorts, her sword growing in size with her. She swung it over her shoulder, resting it there. She stood tall, her knowing smirk never leaving her face.

The black in front of her was blushing. Why he was blushing, Shade didn't know. "Sorry..." He muttered, trying to stop the redness in his face. "I've never met a female who could do that before."

She shrunk back down to size. "I thought every cat could, if you trained enough."

"Yes, but Happy and I have different talents. Happy can fly decently, while I get glimpses of the future."

"Really? Is there a future where Lucy finally gives me a carrot?" Shade started drooling over the thought of a carrot. Lucy didn't know why, but Shade loved them. So, as any friend would do, Lucy used them as a trump card.

Lucy laughed at her, then opened her pouch and took out a baby carrot. "Just one, okay?"

"Yes, Lucy-san!" She exclaimed, biting into the carrot and then shivering with pleasure.

Lucy laughed again, then shook her head at the little Exceed.

"Apparently so." Carla said. Then the two females laughed. Lucy could tell, just by the way Shade fit in so well, there was no way they could leave in search of Celeste.

I'm sorry, Celeste, but I guess now I'll finally stop what you told me not to do so many years ago.

"So I have a question." Maybe Levy was right, after all. She could stop stealing from people and earn her money by working.

"Yes, child?" Makarov said. Lucy suddenly wondered if these people were the ones on the boat. But she could have sworn she saw a child... but then again, from far away, Makarov was so short he could be mistaken as one.

"I was wondering if we could join Fairy Tail."

(A/N Did anyone notice the adorable NaLu moment :3 Sorry, I had to. Until next time.)