ו14•×.

Começar do início

"Eh?..."

"I'd like it if you could give me some input on my cooking.  Everyone always hands my food back or avoids it," he said puffing his cheeks out.

A wave of fear came over me, but I just couldn't refuse and crush this cheerful cinnabuns feelings.  "Um... Su..re..." I said as his face lit up.

I hesistantly took off the plastic cover on the plate had and felt my heart racing.  I picked up a brownie and looked up. 

Natsuki had a look of joy as I started to put it near my mouth.

I smiled nervously and....

Ate it.

Instantly, I felt a rush of many flavors that were not made for each other, making me loose my train of thought. I felt nauseas and woozy, but managed to keep a straight face.

"How is it?" Natsuki had a smile and a glimmer of hope and innocence in his eyes.

"I-its great, but.. maybe, just maybe use a different ensemble of ingredients next time..?" I sputtered out.

I saw Natsuki's eyes light up and he said, "Yay! I'll take your advice and keep trying!"

I managed a smile, but inside, hell was breaking loose.

"Um... Sorry Natsuki, but I need to practice for my performance today... If you could, can you give me some space for a bit?" I said in the nicest way I could.

He looked a bit down, but nodded after.

He left and I collapsed on floor dramatically.  "Wa...ter..." I crawled towards my night stand and grabbed my water glass.  Quickly I took a drink shakily hoping to neutralize the taste.

"I survived..."

I started to laugh and I thought about what I was doing.  "Who knew I could have this side of me, mother..." I mumbled to myself quietly.

I got back up and collected my sheet music papers together.  Walking outside of my room, I checked to see if no one was around. 

There appeared to be no one, so I slipped out and walked down the hallway to my 'secret' music room.  I started humming the tune of my songs until I finally arrived there. 

The thing was... It felt very strange when I was about to open the door.  Like there was something dangerous and unfamiliar on the other side.  I could hear my pulse in the still calmness of the corridor.

Narrowing my eyes, I opened the door carefully only to see.... An idiot in the middle of the room throwing confetti and humming weird tunes to himself.

'No wonder it felt dangerous... This idiot is the most dangerous of all! His idiocy is actually contagious....'

It seemed like he didn't notice me, so~ I decided to just stand and watch him embarrass himself.  Though, I was on the verge of breaking down from holding in my laughter.

"Ah, almooost don----e," he stretched his height to tape a banner to the side of the wall.  "Voila~!  It's beautiful!"

"Its crooked, dork." 

He nearly shook himself to death.  "Amaya?!"  He moved into action and quickly stretched his body to cover the sign.  "You're suppose to be practicing and stuff!"

"And so are you, but look where we are." I moved him aside and read, "'Happy Debut, song and career'.  This is for everyone?"

Kazuo sheepishly scratched the back of his head and admitted, "Yeah...  I wanted to make this a celebration for everyone!  Even if it's only new songs for them."  I smiled at his pure intentions and found myself wondering how I even got to know this big teddy bear, who was sometimes evil.

"That's a nice thought.  It looks like you may need some help though...?" I gestured to the many decorations still lying on the floor.  "You won't get it done in time if you keep going the same pace, you sloth."

"...I accept your help."

The next 20-30 minutes were spent making the once plain room, into a colorful, exciting celebration room.  Luckily, we finished then, because only 3 minutes after that, everyone began trailing in one by one, each accompanied with a small gasp and smile.  

Otoya cleared his throat and yelled, "Congratulations to the main stars of tonight!  Amaya and Kazuo!"  His statement was followed by cheers and other sayings of congrats.  

"Although it has been fun, I believe all of us should start preparing?  The concert will be starting in only a few hours after all," Camus said, with his usual serious tone.

Everyone agreed and dispersed to their practice rooms.

"Amaya."

"Hm?"

"Good luck.  You'll do great, if you get nervous, just look up and sing to the stars," Kazuo suggested.

I smiled faintly, "Good luck to you too.  We'll do great!"

~~~

Bright lights and screams of fans filled my ears as we got closer to the main stage.  I heard the cries for STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT loud and clear.

Everyone was serious and continued giving tips or, in some other cases, tried to lighten the mood.  We were given the plan and it was decided STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT would be our opening performance, which only added more anxiousness to my plate.  What if we aren't good enough?   Will people tune out after they perform...?

The stylists and makeup artists did last minute fixes before QUARTET NIGHT went out.  They each went out with confidence and excitement, unfazed by the tsunami of fans.  

STARISH was watching them perform, but 2 minutes before the end, they all gathered and gave their hopes before they left the stage.  Just like the previous idol group, they also went out with excitement, happy to see the many fans.

Kazuo was going over his music in his head, his eyes closed and bobbing his head.

And what was I doing...?  I was blank.  

Soon enough, a staff member told Kazuo to get ready for his performance.  He nodded and took a deep breath in, smiling at me after noticing my gaze.  Giving a thumbs up, he began walking over to the stage as the lights went out, leaving only the big screen aesthetic.  The crowd went quiet as the piano interlude played.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.  Good luck, Kazuo...!

All lights turned on Kazuo, it was his time to shine.