ו14•×.

Today's the day.

        The day where I try to not humiliate myself in front of a couple hundreds of people...  Yes, I will probably fail miserably.  I accept my fate.

         What could happen, I hear from the tiny voice in my head.  I don't know, maybe I trip over a cord, fall off the stage, forget the lyrics to the song... Yeah.... Ha, what could ever possibly go wrong?

        So as you may have guessed, today is Kazuo's and I debut concert and I am nervo~us to the bone.

        A knock was heard on the door as I pace back and forth in my room.  "Come in!"

        "Its me, Nanami," she said, slightly opening the door.  "Are you okay?" she gently closed the door and walked over while I was still pacing and taking deep breaths.

"Mmhmmm...  peachy."  I saw that she had that one worried look, so I added, "I'll be fine!  I promise.  Its just, this is my first time performing in front of a large audience."

"Really?  I would've thought that you would perform more, considering your mother was the famous Miki-chan and your father is one of the most famous producers in Japan."

"True, but remember how you were surprised that I was Shinings daughter?  Well, I bet at the time you didn't know Shining and my mother were married right?  Well, they kept my birth a secret, as well as their relationship, so no one would try to take me for ransom or whatever.  It seems a bit drastic, but I guess they were just overprotective.  Only a select few knew, like the people who 'guard' my mothers grave," I explained.

Nanami nodded, taking everything in.  "Because of that, I never went to the music industry or performed at large areas because people would ask for personal information and it may cause backlash," I added.

"Oh...  You're parents must really care for you if they would go to that much trouble," She stated.

"..Hm, really?  My father didn't even attend to my mothers funeral.  Do you really think he wouldn't go if he cared about me so much?" I mumbled, more to myself than Nanami.

Quickly, Nanami said, "I don't think that's true...  Your dad probably was probably just busy and couldn't make it on time."

"My dad was so busy for a whole week that he couldn't come out for even a minute then, huh. I waited for him, but he never came..." I felt a bit bad after Nanami put her head down.

As much as I didn't want to say anything, I said, "...Maybe you're right. Maybe he was just bu-"

She rose her head and said, "I'm sorry!  I said something I wasn't suppose to and angered you.  It was out of line!"

I was shocked and couldn't say anything.  "I-its fine..." I managed to say, but she was already heading towards the door.

"Please excuse me..."

I stared at the door shocked at her sudden apology.  "...well, that's a great start of a performance...."

I went to my bed and reviewed my music, trying to ignore the events that happened.

"Aya-cha~n!  Can I come in?" I heard Natsuki's voice.

"Sure..." 'I have a bad feeling about this....'

Natsuki came in... with a plate...full of pastries... "I know you said you don't like sweets, but Kaz-chan said you love brownies.  So I thought maybe I could bake you some..." He said giving the plate to me.

I hesitantly took it and said, "H-haha, t-thanks Natsuki!  I bet they are gonna taste re~ally good..."

"Can you try it now?"