Chapter 3

"I thought I was your friend. I trusted you! You were all I had.....my best friend. Just you wait.You'll wish you hadn't done it." Harper whispers. 

"I'm, I'm sorry! Please! No, Harper!" I plead, tears dripping down my hot red cheeks. 

"You never stopped her!You never even tried. I Hate you!" she screams back at me

"I did try to help you but you were, you were......already dead!"

"Yes. I was already dead, DEAD! What help were you when I was bloody dead?!"she screams

"Please Harper, don't do this. I'm begging you."

"ENOUGH!"

I fall to my knees as she digs a knife into my chest. 

"Please H-Harper." 

*************************************************************************************************

I wake up with a start. Sweat pours down my face blurring my eye sight. My clothes are drenched in my tears and sweat. Why did I go to the forest? I must of known something like that would happen, that the memories would return. I stand up shakily and march down the path. I'll be in the city soon, the city where I lived for two years in the 'old' houses where no one would find me. I haven't been back for at least five years. I haven't watched the T.V, haven't had a boyfriend, haven't read a book, haven't talked to somone......without ..killing them, well exept the policeman but he was the first in five years. 

I reach the top of Fireblaze Hill. It was set on fire by protestors in 2015, and spread to three countys thats how it got it's name. Nothing prepared me for the sight that I see right now though. Skyscrapers strech up to the clouds and there are floating trains! But the biggest difference is the wall. A huge grey wall has been build round the whole city, which is the height of the highest skyscraper in the grounds. I gasp When I was here five years ago, it was like a village compared to it now. There was no wall, no skyscrapers, no floating trains! I close my eyes incase I'm dreaming but when I open them again nothing has changed. This is unreal. I laugh out loud. It's amazing, but why the wall? What are they trying to keep out or keep in? I start walking down the hill. This is going to be tricky to get into though. I doubt they would build a wall of that height and then just let in any randomer. 

I reach the gate and pull out a fake ID. I am meant to have black hair according to my ID but I guess I can't dye my hair outside the main entrance, that may look slighlty odd. My name is Sammy Grayam, I am twenty one years old, I live in the Lozie Mountains and work as a doctor. I guess it will have to do because a guard is marching quickly over to me. 

"Ma'am."

I nod my head and smile.

"Are you looking to enter the city?"

What does he think? Is it not obvious? Jeez.

"Yes." I say simply

"May I have your ID and your backpack to check?" He asks but I can tell it's not really a question more of an order

I smile and hand him my bag and ID. Thank God I rememberd to take out my gun, and knife. 

The guard looks in his late teens, maybe early twenties. He has dark skin, shaggy black hair and is about six foot seven. I smile, he looks vaguely familiar. Of someone... 

"Alright,Sammy? That looks fine...may I have your finger?" he asks

"Um excuse me?" I say trying to sound polite