[MBW]- Chapter 5.

Start from the beginning

"Have been for the past hour. Vamos!"

Taylor's eyebrows furrow in confusion and I scratched my temple to think of a way to address the elephant in the room.

"Taylor, he decided to join us," I said, not wanting to beat around the bush for longer because I was hungry too.

His eyes widened a fraction and he looked at us with a weird expression.

"No offense dude but you dislike him strongly, Char. You can barely be in the same room as each other without butting heads. So, dinner together...?"

Man, would he go insane if he knew that Ethan and I were literally sharing a room.

Instead of giving me a chance to explain, Ethan says,

"We're friends. And, you know, considering it wasn't a date or anything, I can join. A guy's gotta eat." He smiled sweetly at Taylor. That smile was enough to even get me to cave into anything.

But, obviously not Taylor. He looked between the two of us again and I felt guilty. He wanted to catch up with me not Ethan. Also, given whatever weird bad blood they had between them, it would only make the evening awkward.

I placed a hand on Taylor's arm and give him an apologetic smile. He glanced down and finally placed his palm on mine and smiled.

I let out a sigh of relief. I did not need any complications.

"Okay, let's go and no more of this flirting around me. Makes me gag," Ethan shuddered as he closed the door behind him. 

I glared at him hoping he would cooperate during dinner. I just wanted to eat some good food and go to sleep after that. Peacefully.

_____

"Oh my God! No freakin' way!" I laughed in disbelief.

Ethan nodded as Taylor laughed with me,

"Yeah. I mean the entire school was made to believe you had some anger management issues."

Maybe it was the couple of glasses of wine I had but I found it absolutely hilarious that Stacey had warned people about me after I punched her precious nose.

"It was one of the best moments of my life. She was bawling and started calling her mom and lawyers!"

I refrained from speaking ill about anyone (except Ethan, obviously) but when it came to Stacey my humanity level was smaller than an atom.

"Mom! Charlotte ruined my nose! How am I supposed to be a Victoria's Secret angel now?!" Taylor mimicked in a high pitched that somehow perfectly matched Stacey's and I was having trouble containing my laughter.

I found my eyes moving towards Ethan and found him staring at me with a weird expression. His face was calculative as if he was solving a math equation while looking at my face.

We were eating dinner at a 4-star restaurant a few blocks from the hotel. It was, undeniably, awkward at first but once Taylor and I started to get into the conversation, we couldn't be stopped. I hoped Ethan wasn't feeling completely left out but he had invited himself and knew what he was getting himself into.

"I still remember the look on her face when you kissed Danny. Fucking priceless," Taylor recalled.

Ethan choked on his drink and faced me with an incredulous expression,

"That was you?"

I nodded at him with a sly smile playing on my lips.

"She needed a reality check. The girl was so sheltered and thought the universe revolved around her. It wasn't like she was the only one with a rich daddy, we all were so she wasn't special. Plus, she had some personal vendetta against me so I just did the favor of returning her shit back to her."