Chapter 6

Osias

(Image above is one of Berlin's two brothers!)

It took more restraint than I thought I had to keep me from jumping on top of Berlin and claiming him the moment that I sensed his heat. His raging hormones were calling out to me, effectively waking both my wolf and his Alpha instincts in a split second. However, it was not how fast my wolf was able to become horny that surprised me.

When an Alpha finds their mate, no matter what gender they are, they go through a series of changes. In order to carry on the Alpha gene to the next generation it is important to reproduce, meaning that if an Alpha's mate happens to be male, they will develop internal reproductive systems. This change usually occurs over the course of a number of months however, allowing the couple to become accustomed to one another before allowing the possibility of reproduction. When the reproduction system is complete, the Alpha's mate goes through a heat, a time of intense desire, or need for their other half. 

So, why was Berlin going through this change so quickly? 

That is what surprised the hell out of me.

My mind was swimming with unanswered questions, however I had no time to ponder them as I pulled up to the front door of my pack house. Waiting at the door were two dominant males and one submissive Omega: a frazzled looking Ortiz, Berlin's rather large brother, and our tiny pack doctor. I could tell that Ortiz summoned them to relieve some of the stress from himself over the situation. The lazy fucker. 

I glanced down at my little angel as he practically clung to my arm like a life preserver, letting out little whimpers every couple of seconds. With my resolve strengthened, I quickly made moves to get him into the pack house and to my room as quickly as I possibly could. 

Or at least I tried to. 

As soon as I went to gently pull my arm away from Berlin so that I could walk around the car to his door, his arms clenched and I felt his breathing halt. 

"No. No. No..." he mumbled desperately, burying his face into my strong bicep. My eyes widened as I felt his hot tears roll down my skin. I couldn't pull away from him. I wouldn't. 

Reaching over the center console, I slipped my free arm around his tiny waist, effortlessly lifting him up and setting him in my lap. He snuggled into me with a soft sound of relief, his eyes closing as he nuzzled into me once more. 

So fucking sexy... I thought through clenched teeth, forcing my wolf into submission when Berlin shifted a little bit too close to my arousal. I used my moment of sanity wisely, tightening my arms around the tiny man in my arms before stepping out of the car and heading straight for the door as I barked orders to the men at the door.

"Ortiz, get me blankets and pillows, tons of them." I spoke confidently without so much as a look his way before addressing the pack doctor next.

"Benji, I need you to find every single remedy for the heat that there is." I didn't have to turn around to know that the small doctor was scurrying off to do as he was told. I smirked a little at his eagerness, pleased with the respect as his Alpha. 

"And... You." I started, my brow creasing as I glanced over my shoulder at the Dominant who vague favored Berlin, but with much more sharp, masculine features.