Chapter 11

Carrington POV

Long distance in the way of what could be
Even when you're here, you're not with me
She's having the child I should've carried
I'll be damned if yall get married
How's the baby, How you adjusting?
Ain't gon work, you got problems trusting
Let me stop, I'm supposed to be focused
But these nights are the coldest

It's been bout like a week or so and I have yet to speak to Deejay. Of course, he's been calling, but I wasn't still feeling him. My conscious was eating at me plus K. Michelle wasn't making it no better...

Will you ever let her go? I don't know
Will I ever be first? I hope
But I ain't just sitting around, can't wait for someone to see my worth
Damn I can't compete with a baby
Is there any room left in heart for me

I love him [x5]
Maybe I should call,
Maybe I should call
I love him [x5]
But I never call
Maybe that's my flaw

I mean ok maybe I over reacted a little or even a lot.... but all I wanted was to spend time with him. Like we been off and on about each other for years and he know how I get when I'm faithful in a relationship. I do know most of his family, but do they know I'm gay... eh I'm not sure. Pretty sure they wonder. Deejay was weighting heavy on my mind and I couldn't shake him. So, to try to get him off my mind I called up Ashley.

"Sup Bitch!!!!"

She shouted all ghetto in the phone.

"Damn all in my ear can you not be so loud."

"Mm you not paying these bills or eating on this Grade A coochie cat... so no!"

"Anyway....girl what are you doing?"

"Getting ready for this little Snake to come over, so he can have bit of this coochie!"

"OH my goodness...bitch your pussy gonna cave in and disappear."

"Ooo don't say that because I saw that on ER Crazy this woman pussy like_____."

"Ashley T.M.I.!"

She busted in to laughing on the phone. I swear Ashley stay watch the craziest shit.

"Well hell I'm just saying...but you umm talked to Deejay lately."

"No, was I supposed to or something?"

"Come on Carrington, you know you need to talk to him."

"Why do I?"

"Bitch make me bop your ass through this damn phone. You know why."

Ashley was annoying the hell out of me already about Deejay. I know I needed to talk to him, but right now I'm good. Deejay is none of my current concern right now.

"I have nothing to say to him, I was serious I'm done with his ass."

"Bitch call him...now while I'm on the phone."

"Girl fuck no, if you want to talk to him you call him. When I'm not on the phone."

"Too late its ringing."

"Really nigga, I hate you."

Ashley was calling Deejay up. His phone rung like three times before he picked up. Damn he sounded so sexy.

"Wassup wit it Ash!"

"Hey boy what you doing?!"

"Shit over here chilling trying to get your friend to talk to me. Have you heard from him?"

I knew in that moment I was gonna choke this hoe. His ass has been blowing up my phone, but I refuse to entertain him.

"Hell yea and he sad as fuck. Said he miss you...wait shit he can tell you his self. Carry bitch speak up hoe."

Lord knows I'm not know serial killer, but this girl was pushing me.

"Carrington...bitch I know you hear me."

"Bitch I hate the best bone in your body for real."

I murmured. Ashley and Dee both chuckled. I was mad as hell she put me on the spot.

"Well my snack here so Ima leave yall two alone. Dee call Carry he gonna answer this time."

Before I could say something, Ashley dropped off. A few seconds later Dee was calling me. I knew if I ignored it he would just get Ashley ass back on the phone. I didn't have time to deal with them both.

"Hello..."

"Sup sexy, at first I didn't think you was going to pick up."

"I was contemplating...so what you want?"

I said sounding all annoyed and dry with him.

"Well, how you been?"

"I'm living."

I replied being as short as I could. It had gotten quiet, it was real awkward between us.

"Well you know I miss you."

"I bet..."

"Ok Carrington bruh, come on."

Deejay said sounding frustrated on the phone.

"Why you doing this?"

"What am I doing?"

"All this short talk shit, like for real what's the fucking problem?"

"No problem, I just not feeling you."

"Bruh you still on that shit...man you tripping

"Am I?"

"Bruh Carrington ok so...I'm not real with myself, why you just can't deal with it."

"For me to just sit there and act like its cool, nigga then I'm lying to myself too. So no...I'm not cool with it."

"Man damn but that's not your problem. Damn if anything you supposed to be there for me. Have my back, help me love myself, but you can't do that...It's not me with the problem it you. You don't know how to love others.!!!"

He voiced. I was blown I never thought he would flip like that. To think everything was true, damn he made me think. I didn't have nothing to say.

"Carrington why its so hard for you to accept people flaws?"

It was like somebody had sewed my lips shut. I just hanged up on him. Like what was I to say? I got trust issues? Dad issues? Afraid of love? Shit I had them all. How he just flipped that on me like that. I thought heavily to myself. Like damn he got deep. Then my phone was vibrating I was getting a text from Dj.

Deejay: you may not want it but...I wanna be there for you. I accept your flaws.

I was really hating the fact he was acting like this. I was getting emotional he was so sympathetic. Like where was this nigga when I need him.

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style,
And so I came to see him and listen for a while.
And there he was this young boy, a stranger to my eyes,

Strumming my pain with his fingers (one time),
Singing my life with his words (two times),
Killing me softly with his song,
Telling my whole life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song.

Turing on the radio to drown him out only made it worst.

I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd,
I felt he found my letters and read each one out loud.
I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on...

Dammit Deejay What the fuck was you doing to me. I hate you.