Flashbacks

Hey, so these are just flashbacks of Zayn and Natalie's times together. There almost all going to be in 3rd person. They are all not that long, so if you just want to skip this, you can. It's not important to know these, you just can if you want. The first one is going to be when Natalie rejected Zayn.

Natalie skipped into Zayn's backyard when she was allowed to go, which was when her mom was passed out on the couch because of some drink she had. Natalie greets Zayn once she sees him. He was picking flowers; daisies to be exact.

Zayn jumped when he heard Natalie call for him. He wasn't expecting her for another 5 minutes. He wanted to get more flowers, but this would have to do. He had been planning this day for a while. This was the day he would ask Natalie to be his girlfriend. They were friends for a long time. And he really liked her. He actually was in love with her. She was his sunshine. She mad him happy when skies were gray. He never wanted his sunshine to go away. And he wanted to be more than friends.

All the guys at school liked Natalie, but never got the guts to ask her out or talk to her. Zayn was lucky because he was her friend and he could talk to her whenever. Zayn wanted her to be his so he could hold her and comfort her when she would come to his house and cry. He wanted to flaunt her off to all the other boys at school and say that she was his. He wanted to make sure that she would stay his forever and never let her go.

She was looking particularly good today because she was in a pretty dress. He never saw her in that dress before. She had her hair braided and to the side. She was stunning and that's the way he liked it. He said hi to her before giving her the flowers. She smiled with delight smelt the flowers. While she was smelling them, Zayn decided that her braid wasn't complete without a flower in it. He stuck a flower it in while she wasn't looking.

"They're beautifully pretty. Thank you," Natalie thanked. Zayn just smiled and led her over to his little bench in the middle of the garden. "So, where are your parents?"

Zayn waved his hands and said, "That doesn't matter. I just want to ask you a question."

Natalie nodded her head and looked Zayn strait in the eyes. She always liked him. But she never said anything to make him think that she liked him. She couldn't have him thinking that she liked him and that he could take advantage of her. She doesn't want him to think that he can just bat his eyes and make her fall for him. No, Natalie was much smarter than that. She wasn't going to let a guy rule her life just like what her father did to her mother. She was much stronger than that.

"What is it?" Natalie asked a bit suspicious. Zayn squirmed around on the bench a bit, but settled down and took out a rose. Pure surprise clouds Natalie's face.

"Will you, Natalie Tatar, do the honor of making me the happiest lad on earth? Will you be the one I can have and hold for as long as possible? Will you be the one that makes me happy on the rainiest days? Will you become my girlfriend?" Zayn asked.

Natalie covered her mouth with her small hands. She didn't expect that Zayn liked her back. She never said anything about liking him and he never said anything about liking her. They never knew that they liked each other.

This would not go with Natalie. She would have to reject the boy who always made her happy no matter what her mother did. No matter how hard her mother hit her. No matter the shit she put Natalie through. Zayn always found a way to put a smile on her face. But dating him; she knew that somehow, Zayn would find a way to break her.

"No," Natalie snapped. All the courage and hope that she would say yes vanished. With that world, Zayn's whole world came crashing down. "I can't date you because that will only cause me pain. You will use me and make me feel bad about myself. You will use me, then use me again and again and once you're done, you'll just throw me away. So no, I do not want to be your girlfriend."

With that, Natalie stomped back to her backyard without turning back to look at Zayn.

Zayn just sat there with his heart broken. With pain running through his veins. With pain piercing his heart like a knife. Natalie Tatar broke Zayn Malik more than she could ever know. From that day forward, Zayn swore to get payback.

To cause Natalie Tatar the pain she caused him.

Now, this is the one where Zayn bullies Natalie for the first time. 3rd person again. Sorry if I'm bad at 3rd person. I don't do it a lot, so, I kind of suck at it.

Natalie walked in the doors with a frown on her face to see all the kids staring at her. She wasn't in the mood for staring. She knew that her clothes weren't fine and great. She knew that her hair was tangled and messed up. She knew her eyes looked like she was crying all night over a boy she rejected who she liked for so long. Because it all was true. She did look like a mess and her clothes were ugly and torn and her eyes were puffy and red because she stayed up crying over Zayn. But she didn't need anyone to tell her.

She already made her mom mad that morning and she got a hit for that. She didn't want anymore pain than she was already going through.

So, slowly, Natalie made her way to her cubby and didn't look anyone in the eyes. But she knew that they were watching her. She knew that their eyes were following her for whatever the reason was. She just didn't acknowledge it.

She set her things down, but kept her coat on to hide the bruise her mother caused her. After setting her things down, Natalie looked around for Zayn. She saw him in the corner whispering to his friends about something. The friends that made fun of her trashy clothes and ugly face and bruises. The friends Zayn swore to leave as long as he was still her friend.

Natalie worked up the courage to walk over to Zayn and his new mates.

"Hi, guys," she greeted while waving her hand.

The lads looked at each other for a second, then laughed loud and obnoxious. Even Zayn.

"She thinks that we're her mates," some lad with green eyes and blonde hair laughed. A sharp pain ran through Natalie's heart as she got rejected. An even sharper pain hit her when Zayn agreed with the boy.

"What? Zayn, I thought you were my friend?" Natalie tried to bite back the tears, but she knew that the tears were visible to the boys.

"Well," Zayn started to say. "You thought wrong."

That officially killed her.

Before they could do anything else, Natalie walked over to her desk so they couldn't say anything to make her feel bad.

But that didn't stop them. The boys would tease her about her clothing and her messy hair and how she was delusional until the teacher came in from her break in the teacher's lounge. They teased her at snack time when the teacher wasn't watching and at lunch time. They even teased her on the way home. Zayn told her that she was nothing and her dress looked like it came out strait from the dumpster. But he didn't know that he was right. Most of the clothes she found either came from someone donating it, which was rare, or finding it on the street. Her mother wouldn't buy her clothes, cause like her mother said, "clothes are for good girls."

So, Natalie didn't have any good clothes because she wasn't a good girl according to her mom. And Zayn knew some of that and he still used it against her.

Then the next day, he bullied her. And then the next day. And the next; and the next. Until Natalie decided to finally stand up to him. That's when it really got messy.

"Why do you look so ugly today?" Zayn taunted as Natalie walked in the door. Natalie tried to ignore him, but she was just getting tired of it. The kids in the classroom laughed along with Zayn's mates.

"You know what Malik, I'm not the ugly one, you are," Natalie finally stood up. Zayn looked taken back by what she said. "You're always putting me down because you're so sad and pathetic. So Zayn Malik, am I the ugly one or are you?"

Natalie grabbed her things and walked right out the door. That was the first time she felt alive.

Zayn always made her feel good, but that made her feel like she was living life. But then she got caught and when she got home, her mother really gave her a beating. But the next day, Natalie made friends besides Zayn. And that's how the rivalry got started.

Rejection really can be a bitch.