"I see how much trust you have in this relationship, babe." Karlie replied, though her face was soft. "Hello." she shook my hand before taking a seat. The handshake felt as awkward as I knew it would probably be. But, maybe there was some space here to play around. I figured, I'd see where the meet up would take us.

"I hear that you are a model," I started, trying to amicably start a conversation and get to know her on my own without Frederick's help. Plus, If she loved her job, she would most likely love talking about it. "That must be fun. I've always admired people in this field. I could never be one unfortunately, I'm too short." I joked to get passed the awkwardness of it all.

"Yes. But unfortunately your height might not be the only thing that would stop you from modeling." She responded. Okayyyyy. I don't know what she was implying but I did not like the tone of her voice and the expression she had on her face. Plus, I was pretty sure that was an insult which would make her a bitch! I decided to instead focus on reading my menu and just move on from this conversation. I was hungry anyway.

"You know, Eva just graduated from NYU with her BA in Literature," Frederick pitched in while he looked through his menu.

"Oh, that's fantastic," she noted. "But a BA in Literature? What were you thinking, honey? It's bad enough a BA is worth barely anything these days, one in literature? I wondered what your parents said to that." She flipped her blonde hair to the side. And looked up, raising her hand to get the attention of one of the servers.

I had a hunch that she was subliminally attacking me which I didn't like very much. I also didn't understand why. She didn't even know me.

What was her problem anyway? Well beside the fact that she was having lunch with her boyfriend and his future surrogate. It wasn't my fault though. I had nothing to do with that. She needed to take it up with her boyfriend.

I decided to play nice. It must have been hard for her, regardless of whether she was willing to be in this situation with him or not. No woman, no matter what she might want people to think, wants to realize that the person they are with would rather have a child on their own, using a random stranger, than to wait for them to have a child.

That was sad. There is no future in anything like this. And that, that was hard to admit to ourselves.

"Uhm, well I'm actually planning to pursuit my masters anyways, I'm not quite done with school all together yet. I still have things I want to do, but it takes planning and time... and money." I answered her, putting my menu away. Finally deciding on what to eat was a big win for me. "As of right now, I'm just taking the time to look for employment." I finished, making her look at me.

"I bet finding a job with a degree in Literature is a pain, isn't it? I mean, everything is basically free online now." She countered just as the waiter came to take our orders. I stared at her. The creases on my face deepening the second she held my gaze and smiled.

"You and I won't get along much, will we?" I groaned. That was just too freaking bad because I did not need this obstacle.

Karlie shrugged. "And you figured this how?" I definitely didn't like her, she came to that meeting with all intent to not make this pleasurable for me. I waited until the waiter had taken our orders and left, before answering her but Frederick beat me to it.

"I would prefer her not to work while she's pregnant anyway. So she might as well wait until she gives birth to find a job."

Wow, two weeks in and he was already dictating my life. Now, I could play this two ways: Let him have his ways, be submissive by listening and doing exactly what is asked of me. After all, it would only be for no more than a year and I would get one million dollars out of it.

It was a great deal;

or, I could let it be known that it doesn't matter how much I was getting from him, I was still a grown woman and I deserved to be respected.

There is only one thing I do not play with; that is getting the respect I deserved. I've endured too much at the hands of powerful men...and some, not so powerful, that I will not let this slide.

I decided to go with number two. I figured, why not? If it failed at least I'd say, I tried. "Uhm, say what now? I can work while pregnant, that's not a problem. There's millions of women that do it and they are fine." I objected, trying very hard to understand what was happening.

This lunch was not going as I had planned... or maybe, it was. "I just don't want anything to take away from you concentrating on yourself and the pregnancy. We need to eliminate any threats of stress and whatnots."

Maybe he should start with his girlfriend, I would already tell all my stress would be coming from her. "Can we talk about this later?" Not that I was irritated, but I didn't think where we were at the moment was good enough of a place to talk about the contract. Plus, I needed to use the restrooms. The orange juice I had been drinking since we got to the restaurant finally needed to be let out if my system.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the ladies' room." I walked away and left them at the table before anyone could say a word.

______________

The story is being rewritten so many parts have been added and some things have been taken out for a better flow to the story.

_____________________

Hiya, Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote. Check out my profile for more stories

😊😄