"You're ready make this deal happen?" He got up from his chair, leaving the dirty dishes on the table. Making me wonder if there was someone who would take care of it, or if I should make an attempt to clean it.

        He must have read my face because he looked down at the dishes, then at me before appeasing my mind. "Don't worry, I have a maid coming soon." I was relieved. So I got up and followed him into a room I soon realized was his office.

        It was time.

__________________

        "Alright, so here's the contract and everything you need to know is in full details. I'm just going to talk about a few important points and you in return let me know of your demands." He started, handing me one of the folders containing the contract and kept one for himself which he opened a second later. "Do you have anything to say or ask before we start?"

           "Yes," I responded. No reasons to beat around the bush since it would have been mentioned anyway, regardless of anything that could be said. "Five million dollars is a lot of money, and I figured the only reason for this much money offered would be because I would have to use my own eggs. Is that correct?"

         He looked up to find me watching him. He put the contract down on the table and laced his fingers together, his arms resting on the table as well.

      "Yes, you're correct. The five millions would be so we could use your eggs."

         I let out a big breath that I didn't know I was holding. My heart sank. I knew deep down that was the answer I would hear, but I still had hopes.

      He was silently studying me. I could feel his eyes on me while my head was down and eyes still closed.

       "There is, of course, another option." He spoke after awhile. This had my attention. I looked up, meeting his eyes.

       "Yeah?"

       "There is an option of using a donor egg, separate from you_" I sat up straight, ears perked up and all my attention directed towards him. I listened carefully. "If we use this option, you understand that the offer will be reduced drastically?"

       I nodded. It was completely fair and I wouldn't have thought any different. "How much?" I asked, because at the end of the day, this was still a business deal.

         "You will be compensated one million dollars for carrying the child using a different egg donor."

        Fuck!

       That was still a lot of money. Was that even normal? To be offered this much money to carry someone's child? "And you'd be okay using that method? The second option?" I asked him. I was a bit skeptical that he would agree to change his plans just so he could have me as his surrogate. He didn't even know me.

         He grabbed the contract again and resumed reading. "I'm willing to compromise."

      But why? Why me?

          I wanted to know what was so special about me and why, someone like him, would want to pay this outrageous sum of cash to a stranger that, even with the background check done, still didn't know all that much.

       "Why me, out of anyone you could get? And why that much money?" I asked and immediately followed up. "I know you have billions, but regardless of that fact, one million dollars, just to carry your child, is still an insane amount of money.

           He dropped the contract again on the desk that was sitting between us and sighed. "Why you? Well I could sit here and lie to you, tell you things that would make you feel good. But in all honesty, it could have easily been the girl that was sitting next to you. I've wanted to have a child for quite some time now and when I saw you, something just clicked. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, it's like suddenly, your eyes are open and there's this picture flashing in front of you. A picture of your future, something you've dreamed about." He stopped and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know if any of that makes sense, but that's how I can explain it. I go with my gut and my gut picked you." He reached for the file again. I wasn't sure what to make of this all but somehow, I understood what he had meant.