97.Hyungwon (Monsta X)

"Ah! I'm gonna fall!" Hyungwon quickly grabbed onto my shoulders as we stepped out into the ice. 

"You're okay," I said calmly. I grabbed his hands and helped him gain balance. Once he was steady, I started skating backwards and pulled him with me. 

"Ah, uh, wah-" Hyungwon made weird noises as his body jerked side to side. 

It was my idea to go ice skating and Hyungwon, being the caring boyfriend he is, agreed even though he can't skate for his life. We made an agreement that if he did what I wanted to do, I had to do what he wanted to do afterwards. 

"You got this," I told him. "You got this," I repeated, laughing. 

"C-Can you slow down?" He asked. 

"You have to get used to it sooner or later," I sped up as be clung on for deal life. 

"Remind me why I agreed to do this," 

"Because you like me," I said, smiling. 

"True," He returned the smile and almost lost his balance. 

Hyungwon and I have been dating for 3 months. Long enough to really like each other, not quite long enough to say we love each other. That's why instead of saying 'I love you', we say 'I like you'. Is that weird? Yeah, it's not something you hear couples say all the time, but we wanted to give verbal affection without moving too fast. It was my idea. Will we say 'I love you'? I hope so eventually, but I don't know if he's ready. I'm waiting for him to say it first anyway. 

"(Y/n), can we leave now or at least take a break now? I'm tired of falling and you zipping past me for the hundredth time," Hyungwon whined. 

"Okay, fine. Come on," I grabbed his hand and skated to the edge of the ice where we stepped off and sat on a bench. "What do you want to do next?" I asked, untying my skates. 

"I'd rather just go eat. I'm so hungry," He said. 

"Me too," After we took our skates off and put our shoes back on, we walked to the nearest restaurant hand-in-hand. 

"I still feel like I'm on skates," He mumbled. I giggled as we walked inside a diner. "After you," Hyungwon said dramatically, holding the door open. 

"Why, thank you," As we were seated, a pretty waitress came up to us. 

"Hi, I'm Gabriella, I'll be taking care of you this afternoon," She said, eyeing Hyungwon. I narrowed my eyes at her a little, then looked down at the menu. After she gladly took his order, she sighed and turned to me. "And you?" She asked. I wasn't really listening until Hyungwon grabbed my hand across the table. 

"Babe, what do you want?" He asked quietly. 

I looked up and shook my thoughts out, then ordered. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

My thoughts pulled me back in so I didn't hear him. I only saw his pretty lips moving. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said. He paused then smiled. 

"I like you," He said. I grinned. 

"I like you too," 

I couldn't help but wish he would just say 'I love you", but I don't expect that any time soon. It was quiet as we ate as neither of us said anything. I don't know whether it was because there was slight tension or because we kept stuffing our faces. Either way, I wanted him to say something, but I might have to break the ice. 

"Hyungwon, do you like me?" I asked. He looked surprised. 

"Of course! Isn't that what we just said?" I nodded. 

"Do you really like me?" 

"Really like, as in, actually like, or like a lot?" 

The fact that he had to ask that broke my heart a little. 

"Both," I said. 

"In that case, yes, I actually like you," He grinned. "And yes, I like you a lot," 

I tucked my lips and nodded again. 

"Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows. 

"No," I said simply. He smirked.

 "Are you sure?" 

"Yes," He sat back.

"I don't believe you. I think I know where this is going," I looked at him. 

"Really, where?" 

"Well, I'm sure it's about a certain 3 words," I blushed. 

"Oh, maybe," 

He smiled and leaned on his elbows. 

"Are you ready for that?" He asked. 

"I am. Are you?" 

"I am if you are," 

I looked at him with hopeful eyes. 

"Well?" 

He grabbed both of my hands and looked me on the eyes. 

"(Y/n), I love you," He said sincerely. 

Those words hit me harder than I anticipated. I thought it was just going to be 'I love you', 'I love you too', the end. But the sparkle in his eyes when he looked at me, the way his words glided past his lips, the warm tingling I felt on my palms where he brushed his fingers back and forth. I had butterflies like the time we first laid eyes on each other. I felt shy. I felt nervous. But most importantly, I felt loved. I dared myself to go on at say the only 4 words I needed to in order to return how I felt. 

"I love you too,"