91.Vernon (Seventeen)

"Here's your number, enjoy your experience!" I handed a woman her number then felt a tap on my shoulder. "(Y/n), it's time to switch." One of my club memebers, Julie, said. I stood up from the front table and walked over to my next station where Hansol was: preparing food. I'm a part of a medical type club and today were helping out with the blood drive. I sat down next to Hansol while putting plastic gloves on. It's our job to prepare food so the patients have something to eat before and after they give blood. I've been doing this for a year and this is Hansol's first time since I begged him to join. "How's it going?" I asked as I started making a pb&j. "It's going better than I thought." I laughed. "Well what did you think was gonna happen?" "I thought I was gonna have to see the needled getting put in their arms." He shuttered. "Nope, not unless you want to." I said. "And I don't want to." He said, handing a sandwich to someone. "Have you ever given blood?" I asked. "Absolutely not. I have a rare blood type." "What type?" "IB positive." I raised an eyebrow. "IB positive?" "Yeah, IB positive I'm not giving blood." I laughed and shook my head at his stupid joke. "Needles and me do not mix. Have you?" "I've given 3 times. You should consider it. It's really not as bad as it seems." I said. He sighed. "I don't know. I'll think about it." He said. After our time was up with the food, we had to go around and check on the patients and make sure they were alright. "Hi sir, how are you feeling?" I asked a middle aged man. "A little dizzy and hot." "You feel hot?" I went and grabbed an ice pack and put it under his neck. "Bend your knees up, it'll force the blood to your head." I said. He nodded in response and did as told. Hansol was just looking at me. "How did you know how to do that?" He asked. "I've been helping with blood drives for a year. I think I know what I'm doing by now." I said. "Oh, well excuse me." We laughed and continued to check on the patients. When the blood drive was coming near an end, it was the club memebers turn to give blood if they wanted. "Are you gonna do it?" I asked him. "Are you?" I nodded. "I'll just watch you first then see if I will." He said nervously. "Whatever you say." After they checked my iron levels and I answered all the questions, I laid back on the bed as the nurse started to clean my arm. Hansol was standing next to me watching intently. "Take a deep breath okay?" He said. "I can't look." Hansol quickly turned his head. The nurse inserted the needled in my arm and I winced and let out the deep breath. "How did it feel?" Hansol asked, head still turned. "It feels like a pinch times 2." I said. The nurse put tape to hold the needled and tubes in place then walked away. "You can look now." I said. He slowly turned his head back and sighed. "Why are you holding that ball?" He asked. "They make you squeeze it to push blood out." I said. "Ew, is that your blood?" He pointed to the now red tube coming out of my arm. I nodded. "How long does it take?" "About 10 minutes, depending on how fast your blood flows. Mine flows pretty fast so I'll be done soon." I said. Hansol stood by me the whole time as the bag was filling up. Once I was done, the nurse took out the needle, wiped the iodine off my arm and bandaged it, wrapping it with red tape. "This is the part you have to worry about." I said. "The aftermath." I said. "Whoa, you're really pale." Hansol said. I chuckled. "Happens everytime. Just lightheadedness, dizziness, I just need to lay for a little bit. I'll be fine." Hansol looked genuinely worried and I grinned. They had to move me to the recovery bed so someone else could used the bed I was on. Hansol helped me walked over to it and laid me down. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked. "Yeah." He stayed with me for the five minutes it took me to regain my composure. He helped me sit up and I slowly got off the bed. "Better?" He asked. "Yeah." "I don't know if I want to do it anymore." He said. "It's a great thing. I'm not trying to force you, but I want you to do it at least once in your life." I said. He sighed. "Fine." Next thing we knew, Hansol was lying there, the needled about to be inserted. "Deep breath." The nurse said. "Hold my hand (y/n)." Hansol said. I rolled my eyes and giggled, grabbing his hand. Hansol closed his eyes tightly and winced when the needle went in, only to quickly relax his face. "Oh, it wasn't that bad." He said. "Told you." I said. He still held my hand but I didn't say anything. He was freaking out a little bit so I talked to him the whole time to get his mind off of it. When he was done, he smiled. "I did it." He said. "I'm so proud." I wiped away my fake tears. "I feel fine too." He went to sit up, but got up way too fast. "Hansol!" He suddenly started swaying and grabbed his head. "Lay back down." I said. "Ugh, I don't feel good anymore." He mumbled. The nurse had him lay there for a second before transporting him to the recovery bed. I held his arm, but as soon as he stood up, all of his weight leaned on me and we both fell. "Hansol!" He passed out and I started fanning him. The nurse tried bringing him back to consciousness which only took a few seconds. He slowly opened his eyes. "How long was I out, 30 minutes?" He asked. "More like 3 seconds." I said. After we got him to the recovery bed, he looked a mess. "I don't like this." He said. I giggled. "You'll feel better soon. After you do, we can go eat something, okay?" He nodded. "Hey (y/n)?" "Yeah?" "I think I just fell for you." He said. "For me? More like on me! You're heavy!" I said, crossing my arms. He chuckled. "No, I mean figuratively." It took me a second to process. "I like you." He said. "I've like you for a while, but now I like you even more. To be able to do this type of stuff and help people in need in really admirable. You even got me to try something I never thought of doing." He said. I smiled and grabbed his hand. "Are you sure you're not dizzy babbling?" I asked. "I'm sure." He slowly sat up and looked at me. "After we get out of here, do you want to go to my house and hang out? I would as you to dinner, but I need to relax." He said chuckling. I nodded. "Alright. I'll be right back." I went over to the food table and got us some sandwiches and drinks. "You need this. It'll make you feel better." "You're already making me feel better." I looked at him. "You're so cheesy!"