.:. June 19, 2013 .:.

Miscellaneous quotes ======= 

===================

" The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations. "

 ~

"I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change."  

- Jim Rohn

 ~

"They promised us all of our dreams would come true, but forgot to tell us nightmares are dreams too"

 ~

"Sometimes, if there's something you really want to do, do it. Don't think about it. Turn your brain off once in a while." 

- Quote of the Day, Two of the West Lakes Academy English staff.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." 

- Bill Cosby

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." 

- Marcus Aurelius

 ~

"Life is like a game of chess. 

To win you have to make a move. 

Knowing which move to make comes with insight

and knowledge, and by learning the lessons that are 

acculated along the way. 

We become each and every piece within the game called life! 

(Taken from "The Master's Sacred Knowledge")"  

― Allan Rufus, The Master's Sacred Knowledge

The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff. 

― Carl Sagan

 ~

"We said we would meet again but we made no arrangements. Not out of any bad feeling between us, but because I felt it had all been said, or not said but understood, and she probably did too. To know she was there was enough, and for her to know I was around was probably too. Sometimes that's all people ever really need. Just to know."  

― Cecelia Ahern

"The older you get, the more you understand how your conscience works. The biggest and only critic lives in your perception of people's perception of you rather than people's perception of you."  

― Criss Jami

 ~

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing."  

― Plato, The Republic

 ~

"There is always someone who knows something you don't."

 ~

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.  

-Paul Shane Spear