.:. June 14, 2013.:.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

― James Dean

=============================

"Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you."

- Dream Hampton

==============================

"Chasing your dreams is never easy, the road can sometimes be hard, but when one door closes another one opens."

-Michelle Phan

=============================

"Where there is love there is life."

-Mahatma Gandhi

==============================

" It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."

William Shakespeare

===============================

"Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths."

- Drew Barrymore

==============================

"Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional."

- 10112011

===========================

"If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?"

============================

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."

- Babe Ruth

===========================

"People are like glass, they are strong but at some point they get weak and break. And sometimes its hard picking up the pieces"

- Shayla Kerr.

==========================

"If you're not happy, the world isn't going to be happy." (You cant change the world, you can only change yourself and how you view it.)

==========================

"Oh, so you're stalking me now?"

"No, I'm just running into you in a premeditated manner."

- When In Rome

==========================

"Most of the pain you're dealing with are really just thoughts.. ever think of that?"

- Buddhist Bootcamp (via psych-facts)

===========================

"Looking up: do not be afraid of perfection, you will never reach it / but also do not be afraid of failure, there is no such thing."

====================

"The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it."

― David Orr, Ecological Literacy

======================

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

- George Eliot

=====================

"...what was important, what mattered, was not the fact of being afraid, but what you did, the choices you made, when you were afraid. And maybe that was something to do with being alive--or staying dead."

― Inventing Elliot

=================

Book quotes ======

=================

"Maybe they didn't want you to realize that every civilization has its weakness. There's always one thing we depend on. And if someone takes it away all that's left is some story in a history class."

― Scott Westerfeld, Uglies

======================

"You see, freedom has a way of destroying things."

― Scott Westerfeld, Extras

====================

Sometimes, the hardest thing was doing

nothing."

― Scott Westerfeld, Extras

================

"Their reasons don't mean anything unless I have a choice."

― Scott Westerfeld, Pretties

================

"So, there was this beautiful princess.

She was locked in a high tower, one whose smart walls had clever holes in them that could give her anything: food, a clique of fantastic friends, wonderful clothes. And, best of all, there was this mirror on the wall, so that the princess could look at her beautiful self all day long.

The only problem with the tower was that there was no way out. The builders had forgotten to put in an elevator, or even a set of stairs. She was stuck up there.

One day, the princess realized that she was bored. The view from the tower-gentle hills, fields of white flowers, and a deep, dark forest-fascinated her. She started spending more time looking out the window than at her own reflection, as is oftern the case with troublesome girls.

And it was pretty clear that no prince was showing up, or at least that he was really late.

So the only thing was to jump.

The hole in the wall gave her a lovely parasol to catch her when she fell, and a wonderful new dress to wear in the fields and forest, and a brass key to make sure she could get back into the tower if she needed to. But the princess, laughing pridefully, tossed the key into the fireplace, convinced she would never need to return to the tower. Without another glance in the mirror, she strolled out onto the balcony and stepped off into midair.

The thing was, it was a long way down, a lot farther than the princess had expected, and the parasol turned out to be total crap. As she fell, the princess realized she should have asked for a bungee jacket or a parachute or something better than a parasol, you know?

She struck the ground hard, and lay there in a crumpled heap, smarting and confused, wondering how things had worked out this way. There was no prince around to pick her up, her new dress was ruined, and thanks to her pride, she had no way back into the tower.

An the worst thing was, there were no mirrors out there in the wild, so the princess was left wondering whether she in fact was still beautiful...or if the fall had changed the story completely."

― Scott Westerfeld, Pretties