.:. Quotes of the Day .:.

_____________ 

Part I : Movie Quotes

_____________

"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." 

- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and one fine morning - so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." 

- The Great Gatsby, F.Scott Fitzgerald

"The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly." 

- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask." 

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Me? I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." 

- Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

_____________________________

Part II : Quotes found elsewhere 

______________________________

"I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying."  

― Charles C. Finn

"Not all who wander are lost." 

- J.R.R. TOLKIEN

"One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No more problem."  

― Alejandro Jodorowsky

"Everything will all be okay, in the end,  

if it's not okay, it's not the end"  

- Unknown

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" 

―. Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life." 

- J.R.R. TOLKIEN

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do. 

- Unknown

Old man says, "In every man are the spirits of two wolves. One is wise, and kind, the other is angry and cruel. And always the two wolves fight to control the man's heart." The little boy says, "Which wolf will win?" Old man says, "Whichever wolf you feed."  

- Native American story

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." 

- Confucius

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." 

- Marilyn Monroe

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions."  

- Edward Cayce

_________