XXXVII - "Here we go again."

Main gasped. "I should have known! You... why did you do that?"

"Well-" Bevan fidgeted. "A couple of reasons, really: I might have overheard you saying you would age in an instant to win over Buttercup? But I may have also gotten jealous and tried to turn you against your friends so it could just be us forever?"  

"Kevin! What's wrong with you?" Main yelled.

"It's Bevan, and I'm sorry! This story was running out of plot!"

Main groaned. "How do we find Buttercup? Is she even dead?"

"I swear, I... I don't know!" Bevan whimpered. "I already told you I didn't do anything to her!"

"Then who did?" Main asked.

"Asking me the same question multiple times doesn't make me any more knowledgeable." Bevan insisted.

*

Main let Bevan out of his ropes. They were lounging by the roaring fireplace, still trying to get dry.Harry Trotter had gone out hunting with Helena, and the two were alone. 

Bevan abruptly burst into tears.

"Bevan? Bevan? Why are you crying?" Main said, worriedly. "Helena didn't break any of your bones did she?"

"I'm sorry. But you're never going to forgive me after I tell you."

"Here, have some tissues. Geez. I honestly don't think this could get any weirder tonight."

"S-so that night, seven years ago..."

"Here we go again," Main sighed.

"Well, w-we left the party together, stole an aging potion for you, and went to watch the sun rise. There was music thumping in the background, the clouds were all glowy. It felt like the right time, so I sort of... kissed you... "

Main wiped his hand across his mouth. "That's really messed up Bev. I was like, underage and seriously drunk."

"You weren't underage at that point." Bevan blew his nose loudly. "Besides, that's not the worst part."

"What? You mean we-" Main squeaked.