Chapter Nineteen

After the long flight to London they finally landed Colton had the staff remove all of their luggage and five SUV’s were filled up and they all got into one limo together. The drive was silent but Colton wouldn't let Kayla go. This was his way of protecting her and their baby. When they arrived the staff was standing outside of the door waiting for them. Colton noticed Abigail was still there and smiled. He liked her a lot. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind with him. When they stopped two footmen came to the door and Colton got out first holding his hand out for Kayla. The footmen stood their straight as poles as they watched Kayla exit the vehicle. Colton and Kayla didn't wait for the rest of the family they began to walk into the house as Arthur followed them in. He still looked sad about his father's death, but Colton had moved on. 

"How long are you staying, sir?" Arthur asked professionally. It was weird for Colton to hear ‘sir’; his father had always been 'sir' in this house. 

"Until the baby is born. It's not safe in Los Angeles anymore," Colton said as they walked into the house. 

"Of course," Arthur said seriously to Colton and then turning around to look at Kayla. He was smiling broadly and Kayla giggled. 

"Let me know when dinner is ready," Giovanna, said as she walked past everyone and went to her room. 

"Of course Miss Giovanna," Arthur called after her. She waved her hand and continued to walk away. Colton sighed and they walked into one of the living rooms. Abigail walked past the door and then walked back into the room.

“Colton!” she said excitedly smiling broadly as she walked into the room. He smiled at her and walked over to kiss her on the cheek. Kayla watched him and watched the girl he was talking to. Who could she be? “What are you doing here?”

“Los Angeles has become increasingly stressful and dangerous, so we have decided to stay here until the baby is born,” Colton explained. He backed away from Abigail and pointed to Kayla. “This is my wife, Kayla. Kayla this is Abigail, she is new.” Kayla stood up smiling and shook Abigail’s hand.

“Nice to meet you,” they said to each other.

“Well, I should probably get back to my duties,” Abigail said as she turned to leave the room. Kayla waited until she left the room before she said anything. Colton could just tell by the look on her face that she was not happy.

“She just works here,” Colton said spreading his arms in a defensive manner.

“Yeah I know,” Kayla said furrowing her brow and smiling coyly at him. The family photo was sitting on the mantle in front of them and Colton sighed as he looked at it. Every time he saw it, it reminded him of his father and of why they actually took the picture.

"I called Dylan, he and Nicole and Ella will be here tomorrow afternoon," Byron said walking in behind his older brother. Anna walked in behind him and bumped into him as he abruptly stopped in the middle of the entrance hall. She looked up to see why he had stopped, but there was no reason, he just looked around the house he last laughed with his father. Kayla rubbed his arm and he smiled at her and left the room. She could see the uncanny resemblance between him and Colton. They did not like to show any type of emotion. Byron and Anna took off to their room and Kayla and Colton stood in the middle of the room staring at each other. Colton left the room without a word and Kayla slowly walked back to the couch

He just walked around the house in complete silence. It was nice being back in his large estate. It was so much different here compared to Los Angeles, so much more relaxed. He walked around and saw some rooms he had never seen before; some of them were just small closets with random things in it, while others were incredibly large rooms with almost nothing in them except for a random chair or desk. They were all older rooms, most of them just blanketed in dust. He found a large room covered in paintings. Paintings of lords and lady’s, dukes and duchess’, kings and queens; he knew all of the histories of them. That was one of the ways he bonded with his father.