Rodeo Life part 10

I headed to the warm up ring slowly or as slowly as I could with my horse prancing trying to go. I couldn't consentrate on the rodeo with Dusy and our almost kiss this morning. Did I want him to kiss me? Yes. Did I want the regret that was bound to follow? Good lord no!
"Ok Felice you got this! Forget about Dusty focus on your barrel run!" I prep talk myself getting a few weird looks from girls riding by me. A large smile crossed my face when I see Dusty leaning on the fence his back towards me allowing me to check him out. My smile however faded when I saw who he was talking to. Jill Jones. Also every well known as the rodeo whore. Not even joking that is what everyone calls her! If the cowboys want an easy lay, that is who they go to.

"Oh great here comes your little slut girlfriend." Jill says rolling her pretty blue eyes. When she says that Dusty turns his head to see who she is talking about and a smile of total relief comes across his face.

"See ya later Jill.." Dusty says as he pushes himself off the fence and walks towards me. "I thought you would never come!"

"Why would you care if I came or not it looked like you and Jill. where having a blast together." I sarcastically respond.

"Oh yes I was just having so much fun with the spawn of the devil himself!" And that is the reason we are like best friends we are both sarcastic assholes!

"Mmm didn't you like all that attention from her?!"

"Oh hell no! That chick is like a damn monster all she does is purr and run her freakishly soft hands up and down my arm." Dusty says shuddering making me burst out laughing.

"Her freakishly soft hands?!" Only Dusty would think up something like that!

"Well they are!"

"And up next we have Felice Winters the girl we have all been waiting for tonight!" We hear the announcer yell into the mic. We both look at each other with shock and then I hold my hand out to pull him up with so we can both get to the arena on time.

When we get to the arena both laughing I push him off my horses butt so I can get to the ally way.
I let my horse run.
"Pickup. Hip. Turn. Go!" I chant to help myself to get my turns right.
"And lets hear it folks for our new leading score! A 14.5 for our beloved Felice Winters!!" Yes! A 14.5! Thats one of the best times we have gotten yet!

"Good job babe!" Dusty says when I get out of the ring. "Urm I mean good job Fel."

"Thanks Dust!" I say ignoring the fact that he called me babe.

"Oh my god Felice that was an amazing run! That is just shy of your best time!" Kayla says as she runs over to me with a hige smile on her face. "Oh oops am I cutting in on something between you two?"

"No!" Dusty and I both yell then look at each other and burst out laughing. Why does everyone keep thinking we are dating? Just because we are hanging out again doesn't mean we are dating again or even going to start dating again for that matter!

"Oh okay good! Because I am stealing you Fel!" She says grabbing at my hands with both hers.

"Oh um okay then! Bye Dust!" Chuckling at us he says bye shaking his head at Kayla's childlike energy.

"Lets go! Hurry! Faster!! All the girls are waiting for us in your trailer!"

"Wait my trailer? Why my trailer?!"

"Well there is no guys in yours because everyone thought you and Dusty were in there but you guys weren't there so we pick it. Oh and your couch is super comfy!"

"Ugh, you guys really suck some times!"

"Yup! But you love us!"

"I wonder why some days..." I mumble under my breath.