Rodeo life part 5

"Sit, grab the horn, turn, and go!" I say to myself as I race around the second barrel heading to third, repeating my talk to myself. Looking towards home I spur my new horse Hick to get a faster run out of him. he gives a little swish of the tail, flicks his ears back and runs as fast as he can. I lean forward to get my weight off his back and when we reach the gate I sit up and grab hold of the horn bracing myself for the stop.
"For miss Felice she has a time of 14.6 (not overly fast but still fast. I like to make my times realistic!)." The announcer man said into the mic.
"Yes!" I give an embarrassingly loud squeal as I walk Hick up to Katie. I was the last person to go meaning that my time being the fastest puts me in first and no one can knock me out of it. Katie got second and some new girl got third.
"Good job girly!" She said excited. even though I beat her she wasn't mad at me at all, like if she beat me I wouldn't be mad at her, I would be excited for her just like she is for me!
"Thanks! You did really good too!" I say as we ride back to my trailer. ever since the breakup she's been keeping her horses with mine so that she doesn't have to bring her truck and trailer.

We were in a hurry to unsaddle our horses because Jayden would be doing her goat tying in five minutes, at least. she would be mad at us if we missed her again. last rodeo we had to unsaddle and then get water for the horses and by the time we got that all done we missed her go by a long shot.
We were walking on our way to the stands when I felt a large hand grab my arm. me being me brought my other hand up and... yup you guessed it punched the person in the nose. The person yelped getting people's attention. my face turned beet red as the person I called a stranger looked at me. he looked exactly like my twin brother did with dirty blonde hair and pale blue eyes that could cut a hole right though you, and that's when I realized
"Ahhh!" I screamed with excitement as I realized the person was my twin brother. I jumped on his hips and hugged him real hard, probably making it so he can't breathe but that's ok with me.
"C-can't b-breathe! Can't breathe!" he crocked out prying my arms off of him.
"Sorry I'm just so happy and excited to see you! I haven't seen you in three years!" Could you imagine not seeing the person you love most in your life for three whole years?! Yeah didn't think so.
"Yeah, it's been a while!" He said with a small chuckle.
Slapping his chest hard I yell at him "and who's fault is that jerk?!" I say only half jokingly.

After my mom had started dating my step dad Chris, Chris would always abuse and hit us and so when we got older it all just got worse and then one night they both came home drunk and Chris went to hit Hunter (my brother) he fought back and knocked him out, the next day Chris was sent to the hospital because he had broken rids and one had punctured a lung, Hunter was sent off to live with my father is Texas I however stayed with my mother because it would cost to much to get my horses shipped to where he is and I wasn't selling them. that was four years ago. the first year we would always go and see each other when ever we had a school break but then the next year he changed his phone number he changed everything and cut off all contact to one another and it had broken my heart. It made me wonder why he would just show up out of the blue and I was about to find out why.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
It was more of a filler chapter but oh well. I started writing it and then I was like 'why not say that he didn't actually die and make him come into the story?' Let me know if you like it or not! I'm going to try and update more often for all you guys because of that little time of my grief and heartache. but for all of you that are still reading this after that real long period of time thank you! I would like to say a big thank you to @MadilynWislon she has really encouraged me to keep writing!