"Son, how was the meeting?" he asked energetically. Colton had never seen him so happy to hear about a meeting. 

"Uhh, it was okay. I have everything under control though, you don't have to worry about anything," Colton said as he leaned against the table in the room. He could tell Kayla didn't want him anywhere near her. 

"Good to hear. Anyway, I was going to ask if you could give Kayla and I some privacy," he said. Colton nodded and left the room. What could those two possibly talk about? 

"So was it that you wanted to tell me?" he asked pushing himself up on the bed. Kayla hesitated before answering. She wasn't sure what the news would do to his heart. What if it gave him another heart attack and he died right there in front of her? What if it broke his heart knowing he was going to be a grandfather and never hold his grandchild? When she looked at him though, all of her worry melted away. He looked so happy and eagerly awaited her news. 

"Uhh, well, the only person who knows is my sister and Giovanna. So I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone," she began saying. He motioned for her to continue and stared at her. She could feel his eyes on her. Her heart began to race and her palms were beginning to sweat. Why was this so difficult? "I'm... I'm... pregnant." She waited for a groan or a shriek, but nothing came. Robert's heart moniters stayed at the same pace, which meant he was still alive. She looked at him and his facial expression hadn't changed. 

"That is the best news I have ever heard!" he exclaimed so much so that his heart monitor changed pace and he had to relax again before the nurses came in. Kayla smiled and tears fell from her eyes. She was ecstatic that he was happy to hear about it. 

"I'm happy too," she said smiling. Robert held out his arms and she hugged his small body. He used to be much bigger, but since the heart attack his body mass had greatly declined. 

"How far are you along? Do you know if its a boy or a girl yet? What are you going to name it?" he asked excitedly. Kayla giggled listening to him, he sounded like one of her girlfriends. She pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear before answering. 

"I'm a couple of months along. I don't know the sex of the baby yet, and I haven't even began to think about names," she said realizing how much she still had to do before the baby came. 

"Well, if it's a boy I'm expecting him to be named Robert. Or at least a middle name," he said winking at her. She smiled and nodded; she loved the name Robert. "When are you going to tell Colton?" Her smile disappeared almost immediately. She didn't even know how to tell him.

"I don't know. I don't know how to tell him," she said shaking her head. She wasn't looking forward to that conversation. 

"You just kind of have to blurt it out with him. Don't sit him down and do it. Just let it slip out of your mouth," he said as he held her hand. They were scaly and cold, but she squeezed it anyway. "You both are going to be great parents, I know it. And I am really glad you were the one he married."

"Yeah, by accident," Kayla blurted out. 

"Maybe it was the best accident he could ever make," Robert said smiling at her and she looked into his eyes again. They were twinkling when she said that and she knew he meant it. She kissed him on the cheek and the nurses came into the room for his medication. Kayla left the room feeling much better about her pregnancy situation and found Colton in the waiting area. He was sitting at the kids table coloring in the books with a small girl sitting across from him. 

Kayla stood there watching him with her and couldn't help but imagine what he would be like with their baby. 

"May I borrow the red please?" he asked politely as the little girl held the crayon out in her hand for him. He grabbed it nicely and began to color his page. 

"That's enough, can I have it back please?" she said impatiently. Kayla giggled and put her hand up to her mouth so he wouldn't hear her. Colton stared at her, smiled and gave it back. They sat there in complete silence for a few more minutes before the little girl had to go. 

"Thank you for coloring with me," she said as she walked over to hug him.

"Your welcome Lucy," he said as he hugged her back. Her mother grabbed her by the hand and they walked out of the waiting room passed Kayla and further down the hallway. Colton finally saw Kayla and his smile immediately disappeared. He stood up quickly and buttoned up his suit jacket. 

"Why do you have to be so serious around me?" Kayla asked as she walked over to where he was. 

"I don't know," he murmured. He stood up straight and didn't touch Kayla at all. "How was your chat?" 

"It was really nice. I'm glad I had that with him," she said smiling thinking about how happy he was. 

"That's good," he said gruffly as he began to walk down the hallway pushing her aside. She could tell he knew something.

"What is going on? Please tell me," she said grabbing his arm and trying to pull him back. He stopped, but not because she was pulling him. He didn't want to tell her. He didn't want to break her heart. He knew that today would be his father's last day. His father had told him, that's why all of his siblings had their time with him. So he could say his last goodbyes. 

"Nothing. I'm just tired, and stressed out," he said not looking at her. 

"You need to stop working so much. I am beginning to worry about you," she said letting her hand slide down his arm and into his hand. They stood there for a few minutes just looking at each other. It had been a few days since they had had any type of loving physical contact. Colton pulled Kayla into him and hugged her tightly. He felt relieved holding her in his arms and he held her tightly. She wrapped her arms around him snuggled her head into his neck. They stood there for a few moments completely lost in their own world. It had been a while since they were like this, and they both missed it. 

"It's weird how the saddest things can bring people back together," he whispered in her ear. She nodded in agreement and squeezed him even tighter.