Back to Normal. Well, Not Quite

I got out of the hospital, a few weeks later.

I was going home, after a visit to the dance studio, and Nigel kept on telling me, "Can't believe you've been in the hospital twice!" and all that. The gang members were found and were arrested. Terrance wasn't found guilty, since there was no evidence of him harming, much less kidnapping, anyone. He even visited me everyday, in the hospital. 

That's sweet of him!

I was in my apartment, when I heard a knock on the door. I walked over and unlatched the latch, and my dad picked me up. I hugged him, as my tears flowed from my eyes. He chuckled as he set me down.

"You didn't tell me you were going to come home!" I said.

"They said I could go home, just a while ago," he replied, "Thought I'd surprise you."

After a long session of catching up with each other, I got a phone call, and Dad excused himself. I looked and saw it was Terrance. I looked to the direction Dad went and opened my phone.

"Hey!" I answered.

"Ha ha," he chuckled, "What's up?"

"Nothin'. What about you?"

"I was thinking, do you wanna go to the park in the evening?"

"Hmm.... sure. That is, if you're not thinking about kidnapping me."

"Oh, ha ha, very funny."

"But, in all seriousness, I'll come."

"Sweet. Come around at 5:00?"

"You got it! See ya there, Home Boy."

He laughed a bit, before ending the call. I guess it was odd that I turned from not trusting him, to being his best friend. I mean, I guess he did confess his feelings for me, but I don't know-

"Coora!" Dad interrupted me, "Going on a date or something?"

"What?" I said, "What do you mean?"

"That voice of yours. Reminds me when your mom first spoke to me on the phone. It was all energetic and happy. My gosh, the memories."

"Uh, Dad?"

"Hmm, ah yes. Well, Enjoy your little "date" when you go."

"Dad," I warned.

He laughed, as I heard a door shut. Sometimes, I feel like my dad does that to me just because he thinks that I'm interested right now. Maybe..... Wait, Coora, no. Ugh, damn it Home Boy! You ruined my thinking of interests.

5:00 actually reached pretty quickly. I put on some jeans, a t-shirt, and my sneakers. This time, I let my hair flow down over my shoulders. It got pretty long, since the last time I cut it. The natural curls, at the ends, sorta made me look like Mom. I smiled at my reflection, as I heard my phone ding. 

Terrance was here.

I said good-bye to my dad and walked outside. I smiled when I saw him. He was wearing a red hoodie, blue jeans, and he had his hands in his pockets. He looked at me with his green eyes and smirked.

"Guess the beauty queen decided to take a visit, huh?" he teased.

"Shut up!" I said, "I'm just wearing my casual wear."

"I don't know," he replied, "Something seems different about you. Maybe it's that long hair of yours."

I felt my highlighted hair and smiled at him.

"It's been a while since I've had my hair out, that I forgot that it was so long."

He rubbed my head, and mess up my hair.

"Should do that more often," he said, "Makes you look like yourself."

"I won't, if you keep messing it up," I exclaimed.

"Alright, fine."

We walked along the sidewalk that followed into the trees. The park was attached to this forest area, where you could ride your bike, swim in the lakes, and even just walk on the path. We chatted about certain things that were happening to us. I told him about my dad coming home, and he picked me up and twirled me around. When he set me down, he spoke.

"That's awesome," he said, "Sheesh, that's better than my news."

"What is your news?" I asked.

"Actually, I still think it's better."

"Why's that?"

"You know how Nye got your permission to look at how you've been doing, with your back?"

"Yeah. What does that have to do with anything?"

"He told me to tell you that you can dance again."

"W-w-wait, what?!" I stuttered, "No way!"

"It's true."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and gave him a tight hug. He chuckled and returned the hug. When we pulled back, our faces were just inches away from each other. I felt my face heat up, and his eyes locked onto mine. He then leaned forward and placed his lips on mine.

I don't know why, but I kissed back. I wasn't even interested in guys. I just wanted to live my life with Dad. Happy and relaxing, now that Mom wasn't making him drunk and crazy. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, and I let him. When we pulled back, he was a deep shade of red.

"What was that about?" I asked.

He shook his head, probably trying to get out of the trance.

"I guess I couldn't keep it in," he said, smirking.

"I didn't know that you could blush that deep of a color."

"Oh God. That's the thing I'm the worst at covering up."

"Psh, gotta try harder."

"You have it easy, because of your skin being a tan shade."

I laughed, as he kissed me again. From that day on, I was dancing again. I was happier to be with dad, and a few months later, Mom came back. She wasn't an alcoholic, no. She was that loving mom that every needs to have. The one that cares for you, the one that is concerned for you. The one that loves everything about you.

Yeah, Nigel did find out about me and Terrance, and he started calling 'em softy. Heh, is that what all guys do? Because if that's the case, then I think I'm glad to not be teased. Things are better than before.

And I'm really glad I got to see life, in it's better state of form.

K.C.T: I bet all of you were waiting for this chapter! Yup, got it done, and (Warning, read the next part at your own risk. Rage could cause fatal damage to the computer, if physical acts of throwing are applicable) this is the last part of this book. Man, I need to write more, if I'm starting to finish off all these books. Don't worry, though. The other two books (Technically three) aren't ending soon. I've still got a few trick up my sleeve. And this time, I'm actually wearing long sleeves! WOO! XD Anyways, see you guys in my other books! This was really fun to work on! <3