Advanced Hip Hop

What do you get when Home Boy sees you street dancing? You get the entire class to know.

When I came in today, people looked at me like I was some alien. I gave them all confused looks, until I saw Home Boy talking to Nigel about my "dance". Nigel looked over Home Boy's shoulder and waved his hand to me to come over.

I let out a slow, frustrated, sigh and walked over. When I was just behind Home Boy, Nigel gave me his "look".

"How many times do I gotta tell ya, Coora?" he said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I replied, looking down, "I know I shouldn't dance in the streets, but I couldn't help myself."

"You gotta control that dancing mood of yours, if that's the case," he snapped, "Should I ask your parents to pick you up or somethin'?"

My eyes widened, and I looked up at him.

"Don't," I said, "Who knows when those two are even drunk, much less answer their phones."

He scowled at me, then waved Home Boy and me off. I took my phone out of my bag and put on my headphones. Today's agenda was suppose to be freestyle, so I could listen to any song I wanted to and dance to it.

I decided, since I was probably gonna be given some stares, I would dance to Ayo. That's probably the one song I did the best in. Not only that, but it was an advanced dance. As I was getting the song, I looked through my dance playlist. It had the songs in this order.

Post to be

Loyal

Trap Queen

Bad Blood

Get Ugly

Whip/Nae Nae

Hit the Quan

Ayo

They were all clean versions, because of them being for dances. I picked Ayo and started dancing. I could feel stares boring into me, as I was dancing. The beat drop was coming, but, AGAIN, my phone started buffering. I started to lose my balance, but was then caught by a certain someone.

Yup, you guessed it, Home Boy.

"You really need to work on your balance" He said.

I brushed myself off and looked at him.

"I'm fine," I said, blankly, "Thanks again."

I heard some giggles coming from the crowd. I glared at the area I heard it coming from, and everyone went quiet.

"No problem, street dancer," he added.

I rolled my eyes and went back to dancing.

At the end of the day, Nigel asked me to stay after for a bit.

"You probably know why I wanted you to stay after," he said.

"Because I danced on the street," I said, looking down, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. It's not safe to go out and dance out in the city without some th-"

"But I've also heard, from Home Boy, that you helped a man get quite a bit of money from that," he cut off.

I looked at him.

"I think that if you do that for someone, it's nice, but I still don't like that you danced on the streets."

I rolled my eyes. First the guy's kinda complimenting me, then he goes on to insulting my choices.

"What's with you an Home Boy, anyways?"

I shook my head.

"Right after you left," I began, "I started dancing, and, as usual, my phone started buffering, and I fell. Home Boy was there, so he caught me. Ever since, that kid's been everywhere I walk."

Nigel started laughing. I looked at him confused.

"I think there's gonna be some romance coming towards this hip hop crew."

I literally gagged. Ew, no thanks!

"Bleh. No. Thanks."

Nigel started chuckling and waved me off.

Thank god he didn't go any farther.